2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Mustang Seats (and others) - Super Solo Seating Position on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 AM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Question for Mustang Seats (and others) - Super Solo Seating Position on Street Glide

Hi all,

I know there have been questions around this before but I haven't managed to find an answer to my specific question.

I'm looking at putting a Mustang Super Solo on my 2015 Street Glide.

What I'd like to know is how will this change the riding position in relation to stock on the Street Glide in particular?

I know it has different changes on the Ultra and RK as their stock seats are different to the Street Glide stock seat.

I don't want to move up or forward so if it would do either of those things then it's not viable. If that is the case can someone recommend an alternative (from Mustang or elsewhere) solo which will be more comfortable than stock and won't move me forward or up?

I'm in the UK so try before you buy is a no go. I'll have to go on faith.

Thanks.

Paul

Old 10-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by paulmj
Hi all,

I know there have been questions around this before but I haven't managed to find an answer to my specific question.

I'm looking at putting a Mustang Super Solo on my 2015 Street Glide.

What I'd like to know is how will this change the riding position in relation to stock on the Street Glide in particular?

I know it has different changes on the Ultra and RK as their stock seats are different to the Street Glide stock seat.

I don't want to move up or forward so if it would do either of those things then it's not viable. If that is the case can someone recommend an alternative (from Mustang or elsewhere) solo which will be more comfortable than stock and won't move me forward or up?

I'm in the UK so try before you buy is a no go. I'll have to go on faith.

Thanks.

Paul
Paul, on a 2015 FLHX I would expect the Super Solo to raise you a bit and not move you much back as compared to the Street Glide stocker.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:59 AM
paulmj
Tourer

Many thanks. Just what I needed to know.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Paul, I just did a review on the Mustang Wide Tripper solo, for my 2015 Streetglide. Might be what you need. Although it seems to raise me up about a bit, others have said it drops you some. It does seem to put you back a little too. I did not have to adjust my mirrors, and because it's more narrow than the stock seat, it seems easier to put my feet down. I really can't tell you for sure about the height, as I did not measure. Any way, please check out my review here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...d-pillion.html
There's also a professional review here. They also may have a review of the one you're asking about.

You can also read 80 other reviews here:http://www.jpcycles.com/product/605-468

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 10-06-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:36 AM
paulmj
Tourer

Thanks for the info. Will have a look!

Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Surfcitydude
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I put the Mustang solo on my 2014 SGS a month after i bought my bike. Does not move me forward at all and "slightly" sits lower, maybe 1/2" max. I really doubt its actually lower, just cut narrower so my legs reach the ground better. Im 6-0, 30" inseam. Super comfortable, I can ride all day without my *** or tailbone hurting like it did after one hour on the stock seat. I also bought the mid sized pillion for the few time I take my wife alone, otherwise I leave it off for a cleaner look.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:35 AM
paulmj
Tourer

Originally Posted by Surfcitydude
I put the Mustang solo on my 2014 SGS a month after i bought my bike. Does not move me forward at all and "slightly" sits lower, maybe 1/2" max. I really doubt its actually lower, just cut narrower so my legs reach the ground better. Im 6-0, 30" inseam. Super comfortable, I can ride all day without my *** or tailbone hurting like it did after one hour on the stock seat. I also bought the mid sized pillion for the few time I take my wife alone, otherwise I leave it off for a cleaner look.
That's the Super Solo??

Old 10-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by paulmj
That's the Super Solo??
Sounds like either the LowDown or Wide Tripper solo....

Old 10-16-2016, 02:09 PM
paulmj
Tourer

That's what I was thinking. Thanks!

Old 10-16-2016, 06:39 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I don't like the way Mustang seats raise you up. Corbin Classic Solo will lower you and move you back.

Quick Reply: Question for Mustang Seats (and others) - Super Solo Seating Position on Street Glide