Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's got HD brand Ext Forward Controls on their FL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:49 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Who's got HD brand Ext Forward Controls on their FL?

I just picked up an '08 Fatboy and the footboards have got to go. In the past I've used the Ness 3" fwd extensions with the HD FL Forward Control Kit (part #33909-08A) on my Heritage and my Breakout, and it worked fine but looked kind of frankenstien. But I see that HD has put out an extended reach kit of their own (part # 49223-08) that I think would look a lot cleaner by eliminating the Ness extension plates and still giving the rider 3" of room, only the website indicates it will only fit FX models.
What I don' get is, aren't all softail frames the same and if so, why couldn't these be used on an FL too? The parts guy at the dealer says "no it won't fit" but they mostly go by the book so while my bike is in the shop for apes, I asked him to ask the tech to see if they'd know, then i thought that someone here might know. Can't get a feel by the pics on their website, as they give different perspectives when trying to compare them.

FL Kit, pic shown as if you were looking from the riders position:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...rd-control-kit

Extended Kit, pic shown as if from the front of the bike:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-07-4922308--1

Attached Thumbnails Who's got HD brand Ext Forward Controls on their FL?-right-front.jpg   Who's got HD brand Ext Forward Controls on their FL?-left-side.jpg   Who's got HD brand Ext Forward Controls on their FL?-left-rear.jpg   Who's got HD brand Ext Forward Controls on their FL?-right-side.jpg  
Old 10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I installed forward controls from an '09 Night Train onto my '13 Fatboy Lo. I'm going to install the Arlen Ness 3" extended bracket kit this winter.