Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2015 softail.slim review

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 603 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by slim_powers
Seconding the Captain Itch crotch cooler recommendation. I unfortunately put another HD seat on my Slim where the bar in the front is VERY short, and it pops out if I have the cooler on it, so be aware of that issue. It is a necessity on this bike, for sure.

I had gel and better foam put in my stock solo seat at Laconia but it's still uncomfortable. I'd recommend an aftermarket seat for more comfort, especially if you don't want a 2-up or passenger pillion.

LOVE the white walls. You've solidified my decision to put white wall tires on my Slim when the time comes.

Edited to add that I have V&H staggered Short Shots on my Slim (previous owner put them on). I want something quieter eventually but they sound great (LOUD though).
If the cooler is making your seat pop loose you may need to enlarge the opening on our product slightly. If you would like give us a call and we should be able to help you out.. Thank you Itch ..

Old 08-05-2015, 03:32 PM
slim_powers
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
If the cooler is making your seat pop loose you may need to enlarge the opening on our product slightly. If you would like give us a call and we should be able to help you out.. Thank you Itch ..
Hi Captain Itch,

I've been meaning to email Isabel and ask for a while about this, since I got the seat. But I just paid for a Danny Gray seat where the bar extends in front of the pommel, so I think it will be okay! I would hate to accidentally destroy the beautiful stitching in the opening when it's not necessary.

Honestly though, I cannot recommend your product enough, I talked you guys up when I was at Laconia this year and hopefully you got some new business! When I ride without the cooler, all I can think about is getting that new seat and the cooler back on. Soon!!

Old 08-05-2015, 06:29 PM
virtualpj
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slim_powers
Is the tune a stealership thing or can you do it yourself? And do you need to put the bike on the Dyno?
There are options that can involve a dealer or indy shop, or you can do it yourself.

With a tuner like the V&H FuelPak 3, it connects via Bluetooth to your phone. You can download a specific map for your new exhaust/intake setup, or run autotune and adjust as you go.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:55 AM
slim_powers
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by virtualpj
There are options that can involve a dealer or indy shop, or you can do it yourself.

With a tuner like the V&H FuelPak 3, it connects via Bluetooth to your phone. You can download a specific map for your new exhaust/intake setup, or run autotune and adjust as you go.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Old 08-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bike pal. From the pictures I see you bought it at Bergen County Harley. I live a mile from there and this past weekend my wife saw a slim with the same color yours has. She fell in love with it. Almost ended up buying it hahaha.

Nice job adding the white walls, looks great.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Slim Chris
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Nice bike pal. From the pictures I see you bought it at Bergen County Harley. I live a mile from there and this past weekend my wife saw a slim with the same color yours has. She fell in love with it. Almost ended up buying it hahaha.

Nice job adding the white walls, looks great.
Yes I did buy it there. Thanks for the compliment. This is a pic of when I first got it. If you ever go there on weekends for the barbecue be sure to say hi.

Attached Thumbnails My 2015 softail.slim review-image.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Slim Chris
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what's going on today. Custom seat coming next

Attached Thumbnails My 2015 softail.slim review-20150806_130731.jpg  

Last edited by Slim Chris; 08-06-2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: pic added