Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 breakout...time to mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 11:02 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, after a really long and drawn out build. I finally got my bike back this past Thursday. This thing is an entire different animal now! Went with a 107" big bore with a set of heads that had some mild head work done to them. Upgraded the intake valve to 1.9. Forged CP Pistons, Dragos 580 cams, all set to 10.5:1 compression. Ended up at 195ccp so still very street friendly. Dyno came in at 101.04HP/124.91TQ. Builder suggested that I upgraded my throttle body size to optimize the HP but I opted to spend my money on a new set of bassani road rage instead. As you can tell the horsepower is a little on the low side but the torque more than makes up for it. Might add the bigger tb down the road and a set of dragos 2.5 heads. But right now it just wants to pull up the pavement! A list of parts that I've installed are

107" BB (tuned by Werners house of horsepower)
Bassani road rage exhaust with short megaphone
Performance machine exhaust tip
Performance machine timing cover
Danny gray butt crack solo seat
H-D Daymaker headlight with new visor ring
Custom dynamic bullet ringz front and rear
Black rocker boxes, cam cover, top tranny cover, pushrod covers, primary&derby covers,

I believe that is all. Going to get my handlebar risers I had made put on this week hopefully. So here are a few pics I took today out riding around. Sorry for so many pics, but felt like I needed to show it all.

Name:  image_zps2hofmz7s.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  149.8 KB
Name:  image_zpsbspy4rko.jpeg
Views: 306
Size:  187.6 KB
Name:  image_zpspy1mtlpk.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  207.6 KBName:  image_zpsvf7xkoli.jpeg
Views: 405
Size:  204.7 KBName:  image_zpsjijg3mb3.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  180.4 KBName:  image_zpslzhj5cfv.jpeg
Views: 298
Size:  146.1 KBName:  image_zpsqmzbeqdu.jpeg
Views: 352
Size:  177.6 KBName:  image_zpskkvlfri1.jpeg
Views: 382
Size:  185.7 KBName:  image_zpsmznoltoo.jpeg
Views: 324
Size:  144.7 KBName:  image_zpsw3pylvbh.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  189.5 KBName:  image_zps3b8qnkcy.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  223.4 KBName:  image_zpsldnevfuw.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  224.1 KBName:  image_zpsoxsmbjyi.jpeg
Views: 332
Size:  193.7 KB

Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by the_enforcer
right now it just wants to pull up the pavement!
I hear YA! Ride safe and enjoy!

Old 04-04-2016, 07:24 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Big torque! Nice looking ride, congrats!

Old 04-05-2016, 11:05 AM
burnsy87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some serious torque, well done

Old 04-05-2016, 11:31 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Well, after a really long and drawn out build. I finally got my bike back this past Thursday. This thing is an entire different animal now! Went with a 107" big bore with a set of heads that had some mild head work done to them. Upgraded the intake valve to 1.9. Forged CP Pistons, Dragos 580 cams, all set to 10.5:1 compression. Ended up at 195ccp so still very street friendly. Dyno came in at 101.04HP/124.91TQ. Builder suggested that I upgraded my throttle body size to optimize the HP but I opted to spend my money on a new set of bassani road rage instead. As you can tell the horsepower is a little on the low side but the torque more than makes up for it. Might add the bigger tb down the road and a set of dragos 2.5 heads. But right now it just wants to pull up the pavement! A list of parts that I've installed are

107" BB (tuned by Werners house of horsepower)
Bassani road rage exhaust with short megaphone
Performance machine exhaust tip
Performance machine timing cover
Danny gray butt crack solo seat
H-D Daymaker headlight with new visor ring
Custom dynamic bullet ringz front and rear
Black rocker boxes, cam cover, top tranny cover, pushrod covers, primary&derby covers,

I believe that is all. Going to get my handlebar risers I had made put on this week hopefully. So here are a few pics I took today out riding around. Sorry for so many pics, but felt like I needed to show it all.
That's bad ***. I wouldn't mess with it, you're getting the added TQ due to the higher velocity of the smaller TB working with that cam. if you go bigger on the TB you'll lose some of that low end TQ. you'll gain top end HP but you won't feel it as much - it's better to keep the bigger TQ numbers.

Are you going to upgrade your belt pulleys? I'd at least do a 70t rear pulley, not overly expensive and 6% more torque at the wheel, quicker acceleration. 6th gear will feel more usable as well.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:45 AM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

Thanks guys. This thing is a blast to ride now. You're right l.a. dog about losing some torque with a bigger throttle body. I'll just leave it alone for now and see how I feel this winter if I want to touch it or not. Yeah I'm going to be upgrading the sprockets. I figured if I'm going to do it then do both at the same time. Figured I would have my dealer install both front and rear sprockets when I'm due for some tires and have them just knock it all out. Just would have to figure out how to adjust my speedo to match the new sprockets. I have the TTS tuner now so it'll be different from your power vision.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:33 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks guys. This thing is a blast to ride now. You're right l.a. dog about losing some torque with a bigger throttle body. I'll just leave it alone for now and see how I feel this winter if I want to touch it or not. Yeah I'm going to be upgrading the sprockets. I figured if I'm going to do it then do both at the same time. Figured I would have my dealer install both front and rear sprockets when I'm due for some tires and have them just knock it all out. Just would have to figure out how to adjust my speedo to match the new sprockets. I have the TTS tuner now so it'll be different from your power vision.
super easy on the VSS setting in the TTS. it's called "speedometer correction" I'm pretty sure. see page 1 of the drive ratio upgrade sticky at top of this forum I have the VSS values listed. you're gonna seriously be surprised once you upgrade the pulleys. kid you not.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:51 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
super easy on the VSS setting in the TTS. it's called "speedometer correction" I'm pretty sure. see page 1 of the drive ratio upgrade sticky at top of this forum I have the VSS values listed. you're gonna seriously be surprised once you upgrade the pulleys. kid you not.
Sweet! I haven't read that sticky in awhile. Glad I can change the tables. Thanks for figuring all that stuff out man. What would we do without you here

Old 04-06-2016, 12:56 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

^^ spend less money? haha. anyway cool I'm happy to have something of value to contribute back to the community. all you guys have helped me out greatly in many ways.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:09 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

Got my handle bar risers installed. Like the feel of the bars a bit higher. Put a quick polish job on them to hold me over until I get some powder coating lined up.

Oh and on a side note this is what I saw after I got back riding today. Looks like I'll be getting that Metz 260 stuffed under my ol pile of iron a bit sooner then I thought.

Name:  image_zpszhykbkie.jpeg
Views: 334
Size:  109.9 KB

Name:  image_zpsldbsmih7.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  105.4 KBName:  image_zpshtjz5pdd.jpeg
Views: 336
Size:  150.5 KB

Quick Reply: 2016 breakout...time to mod