Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you ever tempted?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 04:29 PM
leftyjm
Road Warrior

Received 395 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Are you ever tempted?

Every once in awhile lately I get the urge to trade or sell my Heritage for one of the new Rushmore models like the RGS or SGS. I am having a hard time justifying spending all that cash to replace a sharp, good looking paid for 09 Heritage Classic.
Would it be worth it? What do you think?
Thanks

Old 11-23-2015, 04:32 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

I came from an RGC, RGC CVO, and RK CVO... so no... the temptation for me came from the other direction and I went with it (in reality I had to do it for financial reasons, but that is another story)...

The size of the softails is perfect for me for the short fix of riding and also for longer rides... when I had the 48 and the RK, I seldom used the RK... that one only got out during the rides to Key West or to Georgia... with the current ride I feel like I can have fun on the short bar hoping rides and I will test it for the Key West ride come Jan 15

So as much as I liked the comfort of the touring bikes I had, the size made them not as much fun as the Softail Slim.

Not everyone is the same of course, you might find the touring bike to be your perfect bike for the use you give it. I loved the looks of them... but this softail will fit my needs so much better.

Last edited by wachuko; 11-23-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 325 Likes on 208 Posts

I had thought a bout trading in my Heritage for a SGS but I got over it real quick like.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:45 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Forgot to mention... If you get the urge for one... just rent it for the week/weekend... a lot cheaper than buying one and finding out it is not the right bike for you.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior
Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

I think about trading down to a Rushmore , then I ride all of the models at Bike Week and always come up with the same conclusion .... why would I trade a reliable, paid for, customized for me bike that I can work on myself without the need for an advanced degree in electronics

Old 11-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

had a super glide, killed me on the long rides, but it was better than the sporty. but i've had other big bikes too. had a vtx 1300 custom which was a great ride, went from Delaware to the dragon in Tennessee in 12 hours and it was way comfortable. But since buying the FB lo i now know this is the bike for me for all occasions.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:50 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm
Are you ever tempted?
Sure, but usually the woman (or my wife) slaps me, and that's the end of it.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:21 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I have a paid for 2010 Limited that's given me zero problems, love the cruise control, stereo, ABS brakes. I had an Evo Heritage back in the '90's that I have fond memories of, so I find myself always sitting on a Heritage when I go into a dealership. I like how you sit in a softtail, not on them, and now that the Heritage's have ABS brakes, and in 2016 the Heritage's have cruise control I've been thinking of picking one up.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:30 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I had a paid for 2007 NT which was pretty sharp looking, if I do say so myself...

I was tempted to look into a SG because of the amount of riding I do. I really loved my NT and didn't want to get rid of it. I went up just to price them out and see what I'd get for a trade in if I went that route. I had zero intention of buying a bike that day. I thought I'd get raped but they gave me a fair deal so I pulled the trigger.

Couldn't be happier.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:36 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I would someday think of upgrading to the newer Heritage, not a Street Glide. I have my big Rushmore ride. It is a fine bike, but SO heavy and bulky. My wife loves the comfort so we have it. Now that I can get cruise on a Softail, if I was not hauling a passenger, I would not have anything else.

Quick Reply: Are you ever tempted?