Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Faced Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Ed McLellan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Faced Help

Ok, going to go from the illegal beanie to a Full Faced. I need an ultra light weight one.

Any suggestions or experiences to share?

Old 03-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Focus on how it fits and not how it looks.

At first it will feel odd but it doesn't take long before you feel odd without it.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:23 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

I bought a Fulmer modular full face last year...never could get used to it. Most of my life I have not worn a helmet so the full face was just not comfortable. Too hot in summer even with the vents open, restrictive to sight and hearing. Besides, half the fun of riding is having the wind in my face. Ended up getting the smallest, lightest, legal half helmet I could find and the world is good.

The following users liked this post:
elky72ss454 (07-07-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 01:39 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I own 2 Arai helmets, 1 matches my touring bike the other my denim black Night Train. Both are full faced and I never ride without them. I have also owned HJC's but they did not fit my head shape, Arai Signet Q fits my head. Expensive but very comfortable. I also dropped down a size when I went to Arai's because they fit correctly.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:46 PM
cobalt07
Road Master
Received 243 Likes on 152 Posts

Ed, go to www.webbikeworld.com , motorcycle helmet weights. It gives a full description of all types and brands......great info. I wear a Scorpion 700 full face whenever I hit the highway and wear earplugs too. No wind or exhaust noise to beat you up and no ringing ears. I found that I can ride several hours longer with the full face and not feel half as tired as I did with a half lid. Noise tires me out.

The following users liked this post:
IRON1250 (07-27-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 03:31 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Been looking around to replace my heavy-ish GMax modular. Best one I've been able to try yet is the HJC RPHA Max. Tried a Shark that was decent too, but not as light as the HJC. But nobody around here sells arai or shoei, so my other options have been Nolan and Schuberth (expensive and neither fit quite right) and the HJC re-brand the Harley dealer sells.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:13 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The Biktwell Gringo S is a comfortable helmet that isn't as claustrophobic as traditional full face helmets. After wearing mine for a while, my $600 Arai feels so close to my face.

The Gringo is fairly light for a FF. The Bell Bullet is similar but more expensive. They have a carbon fiber version that is very light.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:55 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Roof boxer v8 is where I'd go if I ever went full face. Bottom half can move behind your head when you don't want it (no wind drag) and the eye piece works separately. So even with the lid up you can still have eye cover. They are European specs but phenomenal helmets.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I have a hawk FF carbon fiber an it's pretty light an fits well, is very quiet on the highway....I only use it on long rides. I didn't see it listed in that article on helmet weight.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
Been looking around to replace my heavy-ish GMax modular. Best one I've been able to try yet is the HJC RPHA Max. Tried a Shark that was decent too, but not as light as the HJC. But nobody around here sells arai or shoei, so my other options have been Nolan and Schuberth (expensive and neither fit quite right) and the HJC re-brand the Harley dealer sells.
Have you checked out shops that sell sportbikes?

They will definitely carry Arai and Shoei.

Quick Reply: Full Faced Help