Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Forward Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 AM
third_left_eye
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Forward Turn Signal

Hey,

Kind of a newbie question, I wanted to know how to remove the forward turn signals on my 07 fatty. I'm looking to relocate them to the forks, like some have done. Looking at them, they look like they are attached to the same place as the mirrors. Are they just screwed in to the switch housing? Just don't want to go ripping and tearing without some sort of insight. I'm relocating them due to the fact that I just bought a set of apes and chrome controls from Hill country custom cycles, and am not sure if they will work on the bars.

Thanx for any input into this.

Brad

Old 12-28-2007, 11:35 AM
frisco42
Cruiser
Default RE: Removing Forward Turn Signal

They are screwed onto the bottom of the mirror stems which go through the controls. You will need a couple of 5/16-24 chrome acorn nuts to attach the mirrors after removing the signals. Cheap at any auto store or if you want to pay double, a Harley dealer.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:38 AM
third_left_eye
Tourer

Oh, so they are just screwed into each other?

Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
frisco42
Cruiser

Yup.
The right side signal is screwed directly to the mirror stem. The left side has a small bracket that's bolted to the mirror. The signals themselves are held on by a ball swivel joint. Removing the swivel bolt will remove the signals, but what is left looks unfinished. That's why I suggested the acorn nuts to attach the mirrors.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:22 PM
third_left_eye
Tourer

cool, thanx for the info.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 PM
1BadTrain
Cruiser

Just cut, remove, and throw in trashcan!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 PM
bucholj
Cruiser

Third left eye, I apologize for jacking your thread , but I have a similar question. I have an 08 Fat boy on order (should be arriving soon, longest 3 months of my life). I too would like to relocate the turn signals to the fork, but I do not want to use an "Auxiliary Lighting Kit". Iwant a simple clean look, with just the turn signals relocated to the fork, no additional lights. (hope that make sense).For some reason I really dislike the turn signals mounted on the bars. I have searched via the internet and catalogs for a braket/clamp/kit/that will work on a fatty, but have yet to find one. Any ideas?

Old 12-28-2007, 09:19 PM
frisco42
Cruiser

That IS a solution, Train. But navigating the California freeways out here without mirrors or blinkers may be hazardous to your health.
To paraphrase those constant pill commercials, "Ask your Undertaker if no mirrors is right for you"!

Ride Safe.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:24 PM
third_left_eye
Tourer

yeah, I'd kinda like to keep the signals, just want to relocate them. Although I may go to small ones than stock.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Legalcarry
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bucholj

Third left eye, I apologize for jacking your thread , but I have a similar question. I have an 08 Fat boy on order (should be arriving soon, longest 3 months of my life). I too would like to relocate the turn signals to the fork, but I do not want to use an "Auxiliary Lighting Kit". Iwant a simple clean look, with just the turn signals relocated to the fork, no additional lights. (hope that make sense).For some reason I really dislike the turn signals mounted on the bars. I have searched via the internet and catalogs for a braket/clamp/kit/that will work on a fatty, but have yet to find one. Any ideas?
There's a good bit of information on this forum related to your question. It's just a matter of digging for it with the search function. Like you, I've done an exhaustive search, and have come to the conclusion that currently, there is no kitspecifically for relocating front turn signals on a Fat Boy. We'll have to be more creative like others on this forum.There's more information than this, but it's a good starting point: https://www.hdforums.com/m_580747/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Removing Forward Turn Signal