Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

out of tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default out of tune

Inbetween riding my Harley, the first one I have owned which I honestly say is the dogs nuts I would now like to try and play one of my guitars.
I have had leasons and got nowhere can anyone suggest a good web site.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
ozzy07840
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: out of tune

iI play guitar for about 25 years now !!! never took lessons and didnt care too !!! i would suggest you get a big amp and a distortion pedal and CRANK IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
eagle56
Road Captain

I have three acoustics and a kramer electric with a 15amp marshal witch sound mediocca.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is actually the wrong section to post this but here goes anyway... Usually the Off Topic forum is a good place for this stuff..

It really depends what your trying to accomplish.. If you know some basic Chords (Open G, D, A,C,E,F)and maybe some easy Scales then you are good to go. Find a Song you like and do a YOUTUBE search and watch some others playing the song, many songs are easy to pickup.

If your looking for Theory and crap like that then do a Google and learn away...

Before the Music Theory guys jump all over me, I just said that in case he justs wants to try and play a few easy songs.

Don't get caught up in using distortion to cover up sloppy playing like some guys do... Learn the song using the Clean channel first..

Mike
NY

Old 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

Playing guitar is a big thing for me. I've been playing for 11 years now. I took lessons for the first few months, but I wasn't really into it at the time.All my teacher did was write out how to play songs I brought in.I've learned most of what I know(which really isn't much!)from trying to figure out my favorite songs. I've got a 58 RI Les Paul, 54 RI Stratocaster, 1964 Bassman head and cab and a Ceriatone 50 watt. It makes the rainy/cold days when I don't want to ride much better!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
eagle56
Road Captain

I did do lessons paid good money to chat and learn a little rift and that as far as it got

Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
jamesf0622
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you want to do? How long have you been playing? What kind of musicdo you like and what do you want to play?If you are just starting out then my advice is to learn and memorize the major and minor harmonic and pentatonic scales. Run different variations of them to get your fingers used to moving around the fretboard. (i.e. skipping notes or skipping strings) Learn your basic open chords and bar chords. Learn what notes you are playing, that way if somebody is playing in B# you know what the hell they are talking about.

If you already know that kind of stuff then check out this website...shoot check it out anyway:

http://www.zentao.com/guitar/theory/

It's a pretty good and has a bunch of useful information. Buy Guitar World magazine. They usually have some pretty decent articles.

My biggest piece of advice is to STICK WITH IT!!!!! It can be very frustrating at first when your fingers aren't doing what you want them to do. As long as you stay with it and build that muscle memory (and calluses) you will be fine. It might take a couple of months before it starts sounding like music, but it's worth it.