Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Week & Riding Anticipation

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
rsavage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Week & Riding Anticipation

I am really getting pumped about leaving for Daytona this Thursday. I can't wait to get back on the bike. It's been since early last November. I'm going to spend three weeks soaking up some sun and putting some Florida miles on - Daytona area, then Keys, then back to St. Augustine. And yes, I am
going to trailer it down. Any of you who think that you must ride there is welcome to start out from my house - about 20 miles east of Buffalo. We have a current winter storm warning for Tuesday and Wednesday with a foot of snow projected, highs of 18 and 19 degrees F, and blowing drifting snow. Anyone who can keep the bike upright let alone ride in those conditions is a much better man than me. Anyone else going to be around?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike Week & Riding Anticipation

Ride safe and have fun, a lot of crazy people on the road. I'm riding over on Monday.
Dan

Old 02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
WaterHog
Road Captain

Dude Daytona is the best, enjoy it, I trailered down last year from Philly, real easy and real straight, 95 south bound.
My only regret was not doin the Keys.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
stef
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: rsavage

I am really getting pumped about leaving for Daytona this Thursday. I can't wait to get back on the bike. It's been since early last November. I'm going to spend three weeks soaking up some sun and putting some Florida miles on - Daytona area, then Keys, then back to St. Augustine. And yes, I am
going to trailer it down. Any of you who think that you must ride there is welcome to start out from my house - about 20 miles east of Buffalo. We have a current winter storm warning for Tuesday and Wednesday with a foot of snow projected, highs of 18 and 19 degrees F, and blowing drifting snow. Anyone who can keep the bike upright let alone ride in those conditions is a much better man than me. Anyone else going to be around?
Enjoy your trip and ride/drive safe. I confess to being jealous. We are currently facing similar weather here in Wisconsin. -stef

Old 02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Savage,

Buffalo NY here! Wife and I are heading down Friday. We're staying with the in-laws and I'll be in Daytona with my father-in-law and bro-in-law. What days will you be in Daytona?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 AM
rsavage
Tourer

We are going to be staying in the Daytona area from 2/29 through the 6th of March. We will be camping about 30 miles away in a State Park and will ride in and out each day. I can only deal with crowds for so long before I need some peace and quiet.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
romigula
Advanced

I'd love to go down, but the wife only allows me one big bike week a year. My plans are either Laconia or Myrtle Beach. It's a damn shame because my brother lives in Miami, and I could save some money by staying with him. Any way, have a good time! It will surely be a blast.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM
DpneThoo2
Advanced

Lucky!!!!!!!

I'm severly jealous!!!!!!

I'm be weather out the storn here in Vt.