Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i have a SERT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
strich
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i have a SERT?

We picked up my wife's Fatboy a few weekends ago and she wants to change out the pipes to something with a better look and more noise. It's a 2005 with SE 2into1, but how can we tell if there's a fuel management system like SERT or PC3, etc? We took off the seat to check underneath but didn't see anything that looked aftermarket. Would it be located somewhere else on a Fatboy? If there's not one, I'd expect that we could probably be getting better quality output, correct?

thanks

Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do i have a SERT?

If you have a PCIII, usually they're under the seat, or behind the mudguard...not too many other places to hide one...

Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

SERT stands for Screaming Eagle Race Tuner. It's not on the bike, it's a computer program and an interface module that connects to the ECM (Electonic Control Module) to manipulate the fuel, timing and other settings.

You'd know if you had one,,,it'll show up as an accessory charge of around $500 on your invoice. If you bought the used bike from a dealer, they aren't going to give you the tuner even if the previous owner bought one. They'd sell you a new one for the big bucks.
If you bought from a private party, ask them if the had bought one. It can only be used for that bike and on other so there'd be no reason for him to keep it.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 PM
strich
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

If you have a PCIII, usually they're under the seat, or behind the mudguard...not too many other places to hide one...
Right. My PC3 is under the seat, but i didn't know what a SERT looked like or if there was some other place to hide one on a Fatboy.

So it's probably safe to assume that there's not one on there.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: strich

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

Right. My PC3 is under the seat, but i didn't know what a SERT looked like or if there was some other place to hide one on a Fatboy.

So it's probably safe to assume that there's not one on there.
if the dealer didn't give you one when you bought the bike, you would never know by looking at the it if the ECM was tuned with a SERT.