Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to my Fatboy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Zedder
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What happened to my Fatboy!!!

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the site who is thinking about getting back into bikes after an 8 year absence. I've owned a '93 and a '98 Fatboy (had a 1200 Sporty and a Road King between the two but missed my Fatboy) and absolutely love the styling of the bike. When our first child was born, I decided to hang up my helmet, but I am now getting the bug again. So, I stopped by the dealer yesterday to take a look at a new Fatboy...what the hell happened to the stylingthat I loved!!!! Don't get me wrong, I see the direction that HD took with the bike, but to me the big draw to the Fatboy was that it "looked" like an older model but had the modern conveniences and reliability. Was the current styling well recieved in 2007 when the changes were made? Do most like these changes and the problem is that I'm stuck in the past ??? I'm now thinking of finding a mint older Fatboy or living out my dream of owning a '65 Pan....decisions, decisions...

Old 03-23-2008, 08:51 AM
ironman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happened to my Fatboy!!!

I know what you mean - it seems to me that had a crisis of confidence...and changed what didint need to be.
I boughta new bike late in 2006 and count myself aslucky to be able to get one of the last '06twin-cams.
I felt that strongly about the styling changes despite the fact that I would have liked more Ccs, a 6 speed box and wider tyre.....still you can't have it all.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the older one and stay away from the problems the EPA created. But I do love my fuel injected and my radial tires.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 AM
italfatboy
Cruiser

I love my 2007 Fatboy. I sold my '97 Fatty for it. Improvements are night and day.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 AM
smitbrad
Tourer

I really like the changes they made to the 07 Fatboy. After I saw itthere was no questionthat the FB was the bike I wanted. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the emblemthey put on the gas tank...but is wasn't enough to keep me from buying one.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Zedder
Advanced

Thanks for the responses. Please don't take this as a bash against the new style....I like it, just not as much as the old "simpler" Fatboy. What struck me first was the shorter rear fender and the wider tires. Next were the holes in the wheels. I guess the bike looks more modern or custom to me now. And I agree, I don't care for the tank graphics and stripes. To be honest, it is growing on me as I take a longer, closer look at pics.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't seen a Fatboy yet that I didn't like. They ALL have their own personality and mods go the whole gammet. They look great with a wide variety of bars, pipes, and seats;shields, luggage, bags, even forward controls. The Fatboys can get dressed or undressedby an awesome array of aftermarket support.

Keeping the solid wheels, you have no doubt that you've got a Fatboy coming at ya, or going by ya.

They're all good. MoCo hasn't hurt a thing.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-23-2008, 10:39 AM
flstf93
Advanced

just my $.02. i think that the badge in the seet on the new fatboy is a little funky. i still think that an evo fatboy is the best looking bike built. just my $.02

Old 03-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Zedder
Advanced

Would anyone happen to have a shot of the new and old Fatboy side-by-side???

Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 PM
fatboydan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to admit,with the fat rear tire ,the 17" wheels w/ the fifty caliber holes in them ,the wide back fender and the fat bars...oh and lets not forget the 96,103 or 110 engine options

it now TRULY is a FATBOY

Quick Reply: What happened to my Fatboy!!!