Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD's Tri-bar LED Tailight question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Reno
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD's Tri-bar LED Tailight question

Just about a year and a half ago, I installed Harley's Tri-bar LED tailight...well on Saturday my buddy rides up beside me and tells me that my taillight is completely out but the license plate light is still on. Does anyone know anything about these lights or had this problem? I am not sure whether it is burnt outa nd the whole light needs replaced or is it just one led is burnt out and like a string of Christmas lights, when one goes out the rest go out. Thanks for any of your help.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: HD's Tri-bar LED Tailight question

As far as I am aware of nobody around here has any intimate knowledge of the insides. There have been a two or three reported cases of that happening though. Mostly from the guys in the UK who seem to do a lot moreriding in the rain.
Mine still works perfectly, but if it does decide to take a powder I WILL be pulling it apart to find out why. The damn thing looks great and I love it, but its too old to be covered by any warrenty so I'm not about to run right out and get another if there's any hope of fixing it.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
green_head
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the connection under the seat. I remember a post about the connection getting wet and causing the light to fail.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
captbobrcc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the led license plate with the 2 bars top and bottom and for some reason the top one was not as bright as the bottom and on the top one 2 of the small little lights were out. it all worked fine for about 3 months prior to that---i took it back and they gave me a whole new one--but I don't think you can go in and replace the small lights, I think it just sometimes happens, good luck with it and ride safe----Capt Bob