Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry guys.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sorry guys.......

I have left the Softail family. A Crimson Red Sunglo Road King Classic caught my eye, and I fell in love. Especially after ridin' it. I wound up tradin' my '08 Softail Custom for a '08 Road King Classic. I just didn't feel the connection with the Custom that every Harley owner should have with their bike. I had that connection with my first Sportster and my Deuce, but for some reason I didn't have it with the Custom. I've had the Road King for a day now, and I don't regret my trade one bit. I'm not a huge bagger fan, but damn this bike is nice. And just because I'm on a bagger now, doesn't mean that I'm only gonna vote for baggers for BOTM. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever voted for a bagger. I've always liked one of the other bikes more. So don't worry. I'm not gonna become one of "them". Thanks for the input you guys have given me, and thanks for puttin' up with my opinions. I'll still check out this section of the forum and add my $.02 on different things.

Oh and here's a picture of the bike when I brought it home.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:50 PM
barhpr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sorry guys.......

Are you serious?? You had one of the nicest softails on the forums! Ive been there too,except I went from a bagger to a softail for the same reasons you did.. I must be doing something wrong though.. Looks like you have a new truck too?

Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to change your sig pic now!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
DrawDown
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet bike man, congrats. I feel ya on the roadking. I love my fatboy to death, but i kinda wish i wouldve bought a roadking...Been pondering sellin mine and gettin a king with a 21 inch front and 18inch rear fatdaddy's and some rineharts...

Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

L2R, I absolutely don't blame you and in fact I am deeply envious. If I were to ever trade my scoot, you have the exact bike it would be for. I love RK's and I love red Harley's. Now to really sink the hook, take a picture from the right side without the windshield. I think RK's are killer sans bug catchers so you can really see that big head light, and it may convince me to take the plunge and follow you into Bagger Ecstasy.
Damn I'm jealous.
Marsh

Old 04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
conroskie
Road Master

goodbye my friend, and nice bike!!! Big jump from the custom. Maybe should have looked at the Heritage.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: barhpr

Are you serious?? You had one of the nicest softails on the forums! Ive been there too,except I went from a bagger to a softail for the same reasons you did.. I must be doing something wrong though.. Looks like you have a new truck too?
Thanks for the compliment on the Softail. It's for sale at Harley-Davidson of Greenville in South Carolina if you want it.

That's the wife's new Explorer Limited that's kinda in the picture. My new King Ranch F-150 is next to it, but not in the picture.

I got my wife a new 883L in the same color as the Road King, also. That made it a little easier to work a deal. I told the Mrs that I'm done spendin' money for a while. Can't afford too many new things.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Marsh

L2R, I absolutely don't blame you and in fact I am deeply envious. If I were to ever trade my scoot, you have the exact bike it would be for. I love RK's and I love red Harley's. Now to really sink the hook, take a picture from the right side without the windshield. I think RK's are killer sans bug catchers so you can really see that big head light, and it may convince me to take the plunge and follow you into Bagger Ecstasy.
Damn I'm jealous.
Marsh
I'll get some better pictures. I would have gotten some today, but I rode it all day. It was even rainin' when I left the house. Even though it was rainin',I couldn't get the smile off my face.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: conroskie

goodbye my friend, and nice bike!!! Big jump from the custom. Maybe should have looked at the Heritage.
I looked at the Heritage 'cause I think it's a really nice bike also. However, it just didn't make me drool quite like this Road King does. You're right, though. It is a pretty big jump. I hafta warn ya, though. Don't ever ride a Road King unless you have the money to buy one. It will definitely spoil ya. I've hit the biggest bumps in the roads I could find in the area, and I hardly felt a thing. I love it!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:56 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

hey dude, thats a nice lookin scoot. sometimes I loose my mind and drool over the roadkings, someday I might pull the trigger. in the mean time I've got a 51 bagger I'm workin on gettin on the road for the first time since 84'. so I guess that one will be it for me. other than that I'm attached at the hip to my NT.

what kinda mods u gonna do? rims? grips/pegs? black lowers?

Quick Reply: Sorry guys.......