Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip On Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:46 AM
PCW
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip On Suggestions?

Have an '08 Custom with Screamin Eagle slip ons. Want something a little more ballsy, any suggestions? I don't want to go over the top on loudness.......Thanks

Old 05-15-2008, 06:11 AM
gmeikle
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Slip On Suggestions?

Hi from Perth Western Australia.

I have a 105th Anniversary FXSTC custom,delivered this Monday andI have just fitted Khrome Werks 3"HP-Plus slip ons to it. Easy fit and sound good too.Verging on moderately loud,but nice.(They are QUIET compared to Vance and Hines!!). I got the tapered ones Part No 202450 (I think,you'd better check!). I wanted the exact stock profile,and these mufflers replicate the stock muffler shape perfectly ,diameter,taper and length.

On my '07 Custom,which was sold last Friday,I had fitted 18 months ago Rush slash-down slip on mufflers with 1.75 inch baffles.Looked and sounded good,quieter than the Khrome werks,at low revs at least. This bike also had the Nightrider IED wires and a standard airbox K&N air filter,part No HD-1499. No screaming eagle race tuner required and the bike was VERY grunty.

I have the exact same setup (XiED wires and HD-1499 air filter)on this new'08 ,although I haven't been able to rev it hard yet. Only 50 miles (80 Kilometres) on it as it's been a wet week here.(southern hemisphere winter you see!).

All the best with it,

gmeikle

Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Rush slip on's are about the best bang for the buck you can find. They are also available in several different baffle sizes to make them louder or quieter. 1.75" is a decent size for sound and performance, but you can get bigger ones or smaller ones later if you don't like them and swap them out in under 15 minutes.
Go to their web site and they have short vids so you can hear the different sizes.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:37 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

cycle shack good bang for the money also rated highly on the proformance end. Ran them for two seasons on my deluxe. they were one of the first to come out with any thing for the deluxe as far as exhaust goes. i bought my bike in 04 and there was nothing available way into 05. The old screamin eagle were pretty good but that all changed about two years ago when harley did away with any trhing that is not street legal.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 AM
fatboymark05
Intermediate

My brother has Cycleshack slipon's on his delx...were louder, nice sound, compared to the old SEII's I had before I changed to VH BSS

Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Archer1968
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search, you'll find literally hundreds of threads on this subject...

Old 05-15-2008, 07:46 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

ORIGINAL: Archer1968

[sm=deadhorse.gif] Do a search, you'll find literally hundreds of threads on this subject...
I think you are better off just asking. The search feature in this place sucks, if it working at all that day.
Whenever I have tried to use it it either can't find anything or finds a billion useless posts.
It isn't worth the hassle IMO.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like the looks of the SE's go with the Rush slipons no mods required with 2" or smaller baffles

Old 05-15-2008, 08:22 AM
smitbrad
Tourer

I have Rush with 2" baffles. The 2" baffles have a nice deep rumble and are plenty loud if I really get on it.But they are quiet enough when cruising or going through town. I haven't seen a post yet where someone didn't like the Rush slip-on's.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:07 PM
hardhead
Tourer

+1 on the rush slip ons. Mine are 2.25" baffles. They have a mellow rumble. As far as noise they aren'ttoo loud.OtherHD'sI hearseem louder than mine. The deep rumble though is whyI like em.

Quick Reply: Slip On Suggestions?