Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat for a deuce....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 AM
wooosaa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat for a deuce....

any suggestions on a good seat that has a comfortable passenger seat? I saw someone that manufactures a seat with gel inserts...any ideas who that is...I cantfind them again...momma is a litle concearned about the fatory seat.....she wantd to ride but not if its not comfy...by the way its a 2004 SE Deuce with a stock seat....thanks

Old 05-18-2008, 09:15 AM
twiceretired
Tourer
Default RE: seat for a deuce....

Sort of depends on how far you plan on riding. If you're trying to make a touring bike out of the Deuce, I'd suggest that you're in for some dissapointment - as was I. I went with the HD Sundowner, but it wasn't comfortable for the wife at all. For me, it was great, but then the stock seat wasn't that bad. I put on Progressive suspension, and a 2:1 exhaust so that I could move the heat away from her feet. I also sent the Sundowner in and had gel and extra foam added to the rear. In the end, I just bought a BMW for two up riding and solo'd the Deuce. I could have saved myself a bunch of bucks if I hadn't tried to make the Deuce into what it wasn't designed for. But then again, I've never been accused of being the sharpest marble in the jar. Good luck though.
Frank

Old 05-18-2008, 03:16 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a sundowner on my fatboy for two-up. My wife hates teh sidekick and she did not like the stock fatboy seat. she is a smaller lady and loves the sundowner. I have heard people say the gel packs heat up in the sunlight and make them to hot to sit on. the sundowner is not asexy seat but its not awful either. I see lots of them used on ebay.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:44 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Sundowner.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:23 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I got the Mustang Daytripper seat when I had my Night Train and never got any complaints from female passengers. It seems like the passenger part of the seat is thicker than the driver part of the seat. They are kinda pricey, but was well worth it!

Old 05-18-2008, 06:10 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

The SunDowner seat is the quickest way in the world to make your Deuce BUTT UGLY !!! I know , first hand experience . Much better comfort wise for the wife , not so for me especially when you have to put your feet down . The molded in support digs right into your upper thigh / butt .

Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had one but i wanted solo so i went with mustang

Old 05-18-2008, 07:46 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After 60,000 in the last 5 years, my butt says Mustang Wide Vintage. The wife's behind is much happier also!!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I solo on the stock seat but purchased the Sundowner for my wife. She likes it just fine.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:38 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DanDeuce

The SunDowner seat is the quickest way in the world to make your Deuce BUTT UGLY !!! I know , first hand experience . Much better comfort wise for the wife , not so for me especially when you have to put your feet down . The molded in support digs right into your upper thigh / butt .
Agree on the butt ugly bit, but not on the discomfort part. The seat fits me well, but I can see how it might not be for everyone. I like the seat from the comfort standpoint, no passenger complaints either.

Quick Reply: seat for a deuce....