Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?'s about Rush Slip-Ons and Exhaust in general

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
BlackDiamondBones
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?'s about Rush Slip-Ons and Exhaust in general

Hello,
&nbsp\\;
I am wanting to improve the sound of my new Cross Bones&nbsp\\;over the stock HD exhaust.&nbsp\\; I don't want to go with a full V&amp\\;H system, air filter, and computer re-map or fuel-pak/PCIII,&nbsp\\;like my dealer is pushing because I don't want to spend that much and go&nbsp\\;with that big of a modification on a new bike.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I have seen Rush Slip-On mufflers and am very impressed.&nbsp\\; I am not concerned with performance as much as sound improvement.&nbsp\\; As long&nbsp\\;as I don't hurt performance&nbsp\\;over stock or hurt reliability or engine longevity.
&nbsp\\;
My questions are:
&nbsp\\;
What is the difference in baffle size, which is louder?
&nbsp\\;
My dealer tells me the largest baffle I can use is the 1.75 as my only modification, with a stock tune and air filter.&nbsp\\; Is this correct?
&nbsp\\;
Do the muffler ends effect sound of the mufflers, Baloney Cut vs. Slash Down vs. Straight Cut?
&nbsp\\;
Are the slip-ons easy to install, do they come with instructions?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Thanks,
&nbsp\\;
Mike

Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
scs1inc
Cruiser
Default RE: ?'s about Rush Slip-Ons and Exhaust in general

ok i used Rush slip on muffler on my rocker c and i use 2' buffle and it sound's real good and i used a HD download from&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Dealer &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;they put it in for me so far so good all&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I wanted&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;was to&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;improve the sound&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I was not looking for speed and this worked for me&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;just fine&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;T hanks scs1inc &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;O PS the Small the size of the baffle the loader the sound they tell me

Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
stmpulr
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;My 07 night train is stock except for 2" Rush slash cut&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;mufflers. These were dealer installed. (no mods) It seems to run fine and has 3700 miles on it and the sound is fine to me.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Hope this answers your question. &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I do plan to upgrade the AC and than I will have to decide what option to go with for fuel mods. (pcIII, Xied's, DFO etc....)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Anyone with suggestions?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Leaning toward Xied's at this time.
Has the PCIII been perfected for the 07-08's? Some have said they have had starting problems. &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Fuelmoto said they have an exact map for these slip ons and hi perf AC.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM
mke125125
Road Captain

rush baffles range from 1.5 to 2.5, the 2.5 being the loudest.The 1.75s are probably five times louder than stock. I started with the 1.75 and moved to 2.00 with s/e ac and the h.d download and am quite happy. I dont think the tips make any differance as far as sound, Ive had 1.75 straight cut and 2.00 slash down. install is a no brainer just use new clamps and dont over tighten the mounting bracket bolts. oyeah torque those new clamps to 60ft lbs so the dont leak.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go to Rush website, they have sounds clips of each baffle..

http://www.epiflex.com/softail.html

Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
n928kc
Advanced

I have rush 1.75 on my new bones and did a 1200 mile trip this past weekend. (up &amp\\; down maine)
also running the Xied's ( love them ). When i got home and was picking off the bugs i discovered that the nuts holding the top muffler to the stock bracket were GONE and the muffler was supported only by the muffler clamp. I called the Rush company and was told that the hardware i need will be 1/4-20's. no one to blame but myself as i was the installer and didnt use loctite.
moral of the story.... put a few 1/4-20"s in my bag.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
scs1inc
Cruiser

Does any one in here were we can get the HD download so i can do it myself ?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
mke125125
Road Captain

the download must be done by the dealer. alot of people dont like it for differant reasons,but my bike runs great,no decel pop or heat issues. I paid 150.00, you could get a fuel pak or dfo for little more and do that yourself.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:44 PM
smitbrad
Tourer

I ran with Rush 2" baffles and no other modifications with no problems for&nbsp\\;~2000 miles.&nbsp\\; I then got the high-flo AC,&nbsp\\;SERT and dyno for improved performance.&nbsp\\; The 2" baffles sound great!&nbsp\\;

Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 PM
BigBones
Advanced

I've got the 2.0 slip-ons on my Bones. At first i thought they were alittle loud, its a big jump from the stock mufflers. Now ive got use to them and think they sound great.
If your looking for a sound improvment only you'll be happy with the 1.75". If down the road your thinking about an Air Cleaner and a programmer I'd go with the 2.0". Either way im bettin your gonna be happy with Rush.

Quick Reply: ?'s about Rush Slip-Ons and Exhaust in general