Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changes on 09 Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changes on 09 Heritage?

I currently own a 2007 Deluxe and was considering trading it for a Street Glide since I want something that is roomier and I liked the idea of the bags, radio, etc. But after test riding an 09 SG (for 4 miles, what a joke) Im not sure I want to give up the smoothness of the counter balanced motor and the TBW felt a bit wierd too.

So I started thinking about a new Heritage, I realize they are similar bikes and all but the HEritage has bags, windshield, taller seat, much more comfortable seat, backrest, etc which area all things Id need to add to my current bike. Since accessories never really help much at resale time Im thinking I may come out a head just going with a Heritage? Dealer will give me at least payoff for mine and sell the bike at MSRP plus tax.

So Im wonder 2 things really 1) what changes were made to the Heritage for 09? And 2) what are the biggest differences between the Heritage and the Deluxe (I know seat height, lights are a little different)

Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't give up on the SG that much - they really smooth out once you get the engine spooled up.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will spend alot less money keeping your deluxe and getting a windshield, bags, bars and a seat then the beating you would take on trading it in a 2007 deluxe and being upside down on that loan and then going further into debt on a brand new bike. Realistically, all that stuff will cost about 2000 for bags, shield, seat (all top of the line) and you will probably be more upside down than that on the trade in.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know what changes were made for '09, but the HD website still shows both '08 & '09 if you wanted to skim for differences.

As for differences between Deluxe and Heritage........ you mentioned most of them, bags, windshield, seat, backrest, lights, fendertips, tank badge, whitewalls, paint scheme, pipe configuration and the Deluxe sits one inch lower.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Forgot to mention the handlebars.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

Maybe I need to find a dealer who'll let me take out a SG for like a 1/2 hour to really get a feel for it before giving up on it?

As far as being upside down, dealer is offering me payoff on my bike and then "just" MSRP on a new one. If I had negative equity I'd never even consider it. PLus I plan to put down a few grand or so.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
As far as being upside down, dealer is offering me payoff on my bike and then "just" MSRP on a new one. If I had negative equity I'd never even consider it. PLus I plan to put down a few grand or so.
Just some thoughts.......... Have researched what your bike would fetch if you sold it yourself. Maybe more than pay-off?

Also, MSRP is a misleading number. Factory Invoice is nice to see and then offer 3-5% above that. I can only guess what the dealer makes between invoice and MSRP?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

Up here in Michigan all the dealers are MSRP, cross the border into Ohio and many are asking over MSRP. Im sure I could get around $800 more if I sold it myself but the time and hassle doesnt seem worth it for under a grand.

One other question, does anyone know if there are any changes in the brakes between 07 and 09?