Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its Just A Gas Tank... WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:52 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Its Just A Gas Tank... WTF!!!

Ok... got my new CrossBones on the 29th of June of 08...

Finally get to a gas station on the forth of July... fill'er up and go the the family get to gether...

Different ones start asking me about the new bike and we walk over to look at it... I smell gas... Freaking brand new bike has a leaking gas tank....

On the 11th of July I take in to the dealer and so they order me a new one....

It has now been over eight weeks waiting on a tank... I call to ask WTF was going on.... they said... Oh I took the call from the factory this morning... Your tank is ready...

But... they don't have the install kit and don't know when they will get one... so they are not going to ship the tank until they get the kit...

Freakin eight weeks to get a tank painted... in all that time no one thinks of the fact that it needs an install kit...

I've been riding for 45 years now... forty plus on a Harley....

I swear to ya'.... I think we're headed back to the old AMF days... WTF!

Charlie D.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 AM
deluxxxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know why they couldn't just pull one of the line. They are still making the bike. So the parts would be avaliable, you would think anyway. Back in the day I worked for a large Dodge dealer and we had a fleet custer with rental vans, that had every one of their spares stolen, So the needed something like 25 steel rims. These rims were on national back order from Dodge. We waited a long time and still nothing. So one day I call Dodge and ask whats the deal. My customer can't rent these vans with out spares. They said sorry but they have none. Then I ask if they are still making vans ? They said yes. I said "where are you getting the whees from"? They said. "we have 900 sets at the factory". I said " You think you can send me 25 of those?. They said Ok.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:00 AM
FragCity
Advanced

Its no excuse but I'm sure they have different warehouses and separate inventory's. The left does not always talk to the right.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It sure doesn't seem like HD gives a **** about their customers.
I have no complaints about my bike, but if I was in your shoes I would really be pissed.
It makes you wonder how many potential customers they lose, when word of mouth gets out about experiences like yours.
Tom

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

It sucks! Sometimes I wonder why HD can't make things functional, we are not asking high performance but at least reliable.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

I’d be curious to find out if someone at the dealership simply forgot to order the tank before blaming HD. I would get a copy of the paper work showing when it was ordered and if it is the factory’s fault put in a complaint and see if you can get something extra out em.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 AM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

Been there, done that. It just seems once the thing leaves the floor, they just dont really care.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:57 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rabbit_
I’d be curious to find out if someone at the dealership simply forgot to order the tank before blaming HD.
I would also wonder the same. I have ordered factory painted tin from the MoCo on more than once and always got it in less than a month even though they told me 4-6 weeks each time.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if you already have, but I've found in cases like this, start out nice and when things don't improve....I long as your not being unreasonable.....start makin more noise and move up the ladder.
I would be raisin hell with the service mgr.....sales mgr. ,contact owner of Dealership and H.D.........Squeaky wheel gets the grease..

Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Reverend
Tourer

Damn! That's a whole loada wasted time & you should chase some recompense from the Dealer in some way, even if it's not his fault, they are the one's your contract is with. In the UK, if it's 'not fit for purpose' there is a route for a full refund, and I'm sure there's something similar over the pond, but the dealer has a large part to play in customer satisfaction & as said earlier, you need to start being nice but firm.

AND KICK ***.....!!

Let us know what happens, eh?

Quick Reply: Its Just A Gas Tank... WTF!!!