Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Big Radius

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 AM
tpolstc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Vance and Hines Big Radius

Right out of the box....SCRATCHED...brand new,the styrophoam covering the heat sheilds stuck to the pipes,,ok..cleaned it off with glass cleaner and started looking and saw scratches on the front pipe header sheild,,unbelievable!!Rear header sheild looked like it had a black sharpie mark on it about 1/2"long..NOPE spot that was not chromed..That's my kinda luck,Instaed of boxing it all back up and shipping back,I installed them anyway,you need to be right on top and look very carefully to see all the imperfections.For the money they seem pretty cheesey..But are definatly very loud!!Big difference from stock pipes to these..will post new pics over the weekend..

Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shoulda sent em back.
They are good pipes, had mine on for 20000 miles with no blueing.
Watch the bottom pipe in sharp right hand turns, it will scrape about the same time the floorboards will.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would still call Vance and Hines http://www.vanceandhines.com/ and talk to them. I personally have had a very pleasant customer service experience with them. I find that calling a companies main office and informing them of problems like this is what they prefer, rather than somone bitching anonymously about their product. Give them a chance to make it right, regardless of the fact that you h ave now installed the pipes.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Darthvader
Road Warrior

Just have them send you a new shield,swap it out and send the dud back.Ask to talk to the QC manager.

Originally Posted by tpolstc
Right out of the box....SCRATCHED...brand new,the styrophoam covering the heat sheilds stuck to the pipes,,ok..cleaned it off with glass cleaner and started looking and saw scratches on the front pipe header sheild,,unbelievable!!Rear header sheild looked like it had a black sharpie mark on it about 1/2"long..NOPE spot that was not chromed..That's my kinda luck,Instaed of boxing it all back up and shipping back,I installed them anyway,you need to be right on top and look very carefully to see all the imperfections.For the money they seem pretty cheesey..But are definatly very loud!!Big difference from stock pipes to these..will post new pics over the weekend..

Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 AM
ddhorn
Stage III

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, they just got pushed back another month until the end of October. Don't understand that, it's going to be cold soon.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:43 PM
CrazyTrain68
Road Captain

I would call and raise heck!!! I got mine and they were in perfect condition. You will love those pipes, they sound great!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM
FragCity
Advanced

I would call and raise hell!!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you contact V&H? They are very customer friendly. They would probably send you new shields and a return sticker for the damaged shields. All you would need to do is box the shields and slap on the sticker.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
tpolstc
Cruiser

Ya, I'm gaoona call them and see what they say,and do..thanks guys..Like DDHORN,you wait and when you get you don't want to send back ya know,I'll keep you all postsed..

Old 09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
tpolstc
Cruiser

I just called Dennis Kirk and they said to package up the heat sheidls and send them back and then they will send me another set,but they need mine first..over the weekend I'll take them off..

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Big Radius