Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Fat Boy Lo - I like it

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 AM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,003 Likes on 516 Posts
Default 2010 Fat Boy Lo - I like it

Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® Lo reprises a cool custom icon
MILWAUKEE (July 25, 2009) - The 2010 Fat Boy Lo motorcycle is a new riff on one of the greatest hits to ever roll out of the Harley-Davidson design studio. Darker and lower than that original icon of fat-custom style, the Fat Boy Lo retains the bold presence of the Fat Boy while offering a fresh interpretation of the motorcycle that still defines the segment.Dressed in satin chrome and denim black, the Fat Boy Lo model features a reshaped seat and handlebar that places its rider “in” the motorcycle, with the lowest seat height of any Harley-Davidson model. The half-moon footboards, black wheels and leather tank panel help Fat Boy Lo rock to a singular, fat-custom beat.
The Fat Boy Lo is a Harley-Davidson Softail® model with a rear-suspension design that mimics the lines of a vintage hardtail frame, but offers the comfort of modern suspension that is hidden under the chassis. A horseshoe oil tank located below the seat, forward foot controls or foot boards, and the classic five-gallon Fat Bob® fuel tank are notable styling details of each Softail model.
A counter-balanced Twin Cam 96B™ V-Twin powertrain, rigid-mounted in the frame, powers the Fat Boy Lo model. The rigid powertrain allows tight packaging of the engine within the frame. Rated at 93.67 ft. lbs. of peak torque at 3000 rpm, the engine features Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and is finished in black powdercoat with bright machined highlights on the cylinder fins, and satin-chrome engine and primary drive covers. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission features a new helical-cut fifth gear for smooth operation.
Key Fat Boy Lo Features
  • The front and rear suspension are each lowered by 1.15 inches to give the Fat Boy Lo model a road-hugging stance. Seat height is just 24.25 inches, the lowest of any Harley-Davidson model.
  • A new seat is narrower, which along with the low seat height makes it possible for almost any rider to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is at rest.
  • Stainless steel 1.25-inch-diameter handlebar features internal wiring for an uncluttered control area. This handlebar is narrower than the Fat Boy handlebar.
  • Nostalgic half-moon rider footboards are finished in gloss black.
  • Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum 17-inch wheels front and rear have black centers and machined outer rims. Tire sizes are 200 mm-17 rear and 140 mm-17 front.
  • Rolled-edge front fender and full-coverage rear fender.
  • Fat Bob fuel tank topped with a satin-chrome console with speedometer and ignition switch, a leather tank panel with Harley-Davidson medallion, and satin-chrome tank side badges.
  • Over/under shotgun exhaust with satin-chrome mufflers and muffler shields, and flat-black header shields.
  • Denim black finish is applied to the following components: frame, swingarm, front shock covers, derby cover, horn cover, coil cover, oil tank, and air cleaner cover.
  • Gloss black finish is applied to these components: triple clamp covers and nacelle, headlight bucket, air cleaner cover trim ring, rear fender supports, footboards.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Jerseytwin
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this mean the Fat Boy is now a "Girls" bike by lowering it.....lol

Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 AM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey

Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

I guess pix will be out soon? I added the 1/2 moon floorboards to mine for more classic look. I think they are the same as the x bones? I also replaced my break ped with the round one.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:30 AM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a picture of it in black denim if you are interested:

Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 PM
reds2harleys
Tourer

Once again I think HD swung and missed. If you're going black then go black, the engine should be black as well. The only bike in the entire " dark series " that got it right is the 883 Iron.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

that is how they sell accessories. They replace half the chrome with black and put the rest in their catalog. what is with those pipes? Does anybody like the over under pipes???

Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Driften
Cruiser

I really like it! If I was not already getting a Deluxe I sure would think hard about getting one. I like the low dark look and am happy with what is black and what is not.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I like the look, could have gone all black on the forks and a longer rear fender but like all of the bikes we buy them and personalize them anyway

Old 07-25-2009, 02:27 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,003 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
Once again I think HD swung and missed. If you're going black then go black, the engine should be black as well. The only bike in the entire " dark series " that got it right is the 883 Iron.
The Iron looks good but so do the other dark custom bikes. I think the contrast on this one looks good for a stocker. Those who want more black can get it and those who want more contrast can get it but this seems like a good canvas to start from.

Quick Reply: 2010 Fat Boy Lo - I like it