Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Guards for Fatboy '07 and later?....Time to Speak Up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:31 PM
porkypig
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want Saddlebag Guards for Fatboy '07 and later?....Time to Speak Up!!

Ok, here's our chance, folks!!! As most people know by now, the MoCo is not making saddlebag guards (like part # 49261-00A on page 302 of the 2010 Harley parts catalog and like the picture down below) for the Fatboy '07 and later at this time. It is my understanding that our frame is wider starting in '07 with the addition of the 200mm rear tire. However, we also know they read this site and if enough of us are interested, maybe they’ll consider developing this part. So, here's what I'd like you all to do. Look up this part number in your catalog (it is the one that is shown for the FLSTC Softail Heritage) and then ask yourself how precious are the legs of your passenger? How important is the peaceful, assured feeling of your passenger that you care about their safety just as much as you care about your own? That if the bike goes down, there will be something between their leg and the pavement. There are no guarantees, certainly, and I know they talk about them only being designed basically for if the bike falls down while standing still in the parking lot..... but since my last little bumper-bender in 1977 where I bent the bumper of a 1976 Pinto wagon (now I've gone and dated myself) as I breezed past to avoid a sure rear-ender.......it bent the crash bar on my '77 Honda 750 but my leg was absolutely unscathed. Had a good bend in the bar and couldn't bend it back but you know what? It served its purpose and then some! Same on these rear saddlebag guards I'm proposing. So, you have to ask yourself.....do you want to protect your passenger whom you know and love?? well, do ya? (just a little Dirty Harry ditty thrown in.......dang, ya gotta love that guy!!!) anyway, folks, let me hear from you, one and all, and let's make this cash register ring!!!! Show me at least 100 desires for this and I will send their people a "stimulus package" so they will know what "our people" say!!! Also, I'm guessing they are probably going to make this bike again in 2011 and that gives somebody 6 months to design a pair of them for us......wow, that sounds complicated ........
Now, even those of you who most often only read these threads.....comes a time when it is most advantageous to speak up and be recognized....today is that time.......many years from now when you are old men and laying in your beds.....oh, that's from Braveheart....sorry..... well, I think you all get the picture. Here's an opportunity to have something truly custom made for our Fatboy bikes. Doesn't happen very often. So, let me hear from everybody!!! Porky

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebag Guards for Fatboy '07 and later?....Time to Speak Up!!-index.jpg  

Last edited by porkypig; 01-18-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added picture in title....
Old 01-16-2010, 07:10 AM
ski917
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in. figuring I own a 07 fatboy, and just 2 days ago I put a set of Heritage bags on it. so........... Why not !

Old 01-16-2010, 03:20 PM
porkypig
6th Gear

Ski, I know not everybody has bags on their Fatboy. Can you think of a way these bars could be useful to others who don't have bags?? this is brainstorming time.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:20 PM
ski917
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really, think the rails by themselves would look "weird/ emty" Guess having the bags behind the bars gives it the look plus the safety.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
porkypig
6th Gear

What might you think if the MoCo was to design them so they would "quick release" like the saddle bags. I realize they would have to be designed with strength built in to be useful in case of a mishap, but I would imagine if they had that goal in mind, they would function as designed. then when you stripped everything off, they would strip off as well. Clean and sleek underneath. It could be all about design...... ??

Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
porkypig
6th Gear

Ok, now I have gone back to the beginning of the thread and posted the picture I was referring to. Sorry........

Old 02-26-2015, 11:03 PM
Vbc
Stage III
Default Chrome saddle bag guards

Looking for some rear guards. Anybody got info for a 07 fatty?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

There may be more than one type of guard that will fit the fatboy. There are 3 different ones that will fit my deluxe. But not sure if any of them will work for me with my type of bags.