Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Lid Inserts Saddlebag Inserts? Anyone use these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM
xstortion
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Lid Inserts Saddlebag Inserts? Anyone use these?

I'm looking to stiffen my saddlebags and I've been searching online and I came across Leather Lid Inserts Saddlebag Inserts. They seem to specialize in Heritage Softail Classic which is what me and my wife ride. They seem pretty good, but was wanting to get the low down on the product.

Has anyone here used their saddlebag inserts? How are they? They seem to do the trick and are they easy to install?

Old 06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at www.bossbags.com. They have lid inserts and entire bag stiffeners. They did mine and I'm totally satisfied. Just send your bags to them and you'll have them back quickly. Mine were eight days total. They do a really nice job.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't used those, but I have used http://gotsaggybags.com/ which look very similar

They did a nice job. I haven't installed the pannel on the underside of the lid but did all the others abd they definintely helped. Mine weren't in horrible shape to begin with but they certainly did what they said they would. Installation wasn't too difficult either

Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
xstortion
1st Gear

Boss Bags looks pretty good, but they seem a bit pricey. I'm really not looking to send them in to get them done and Got Saggy Bags just by looking at their web site I can tell i'm not interested. Plus it looks like the lid is just a flat piece of material... Boss Bags and Leather Lid Inserts seem to have a molded lid that looks more promising.

Anyone heard of Bag Bones & Bag Shapers? I can't find good pics of both products.

I think I'm leaning toward Leather Lid Inserts

Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
xstortion
1st Gear

Anyone else use these guys for their inserts?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I've seen leather lids mentioned here once or twice but most often mentioned is gotsaggybags. All positive comments. I went with Bossbags because I didn't like the idea of gluing plastic to my leather. Boss Bags rivets everything and includes a lock hasp.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Notorious688
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still doing research as well. Seem to be leaning toward Boss Bags for the lock... but I also want to do the Easy Brackets too.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 AM
xstortion
1st Gear

I think I'm going to go with Leather Lid Inserts. I will keep you posted on my progress and show you the results of my bags when they get done.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Jabo
Cruiser

I went with Boss Bags and really like the job they did. I had mine done 3 years ago and they have held up well. I also got the lock which can be handy at times.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:44 PM
scott060462
Intermediate

I sent in my payment for Leather Lid Inserts today. I'll post the results when I get and install the kit. I chose to do it myself as opposed to sending them in.

Quick Reply: Leather Lid Inserts Saddlebag Inserts? Anyone use these?