Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Gray seat on rocker C with after market HD passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
RabidBull
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danny Gray seat on rocker C with after market HD passenger seat

has anyone used the after market passenger seat system on the rocker C with a Danny Gray weekend solo seat? Was the mounting bracket modified on the seat?

Attached Thumbnails Danny Gray seat on rocker C with after market HD passenger seat-21-701-10.jpg   Danny Gray seat on rocker C with after market HD passenger seat-seat-image.jpg  

Last edited by RabidBull; 02-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Rocker_UAE
Cruiser

I use that setup with no issues or modifications (y)

Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you post some pics of the aftermarket passenger system? I dont think I have seen this one.

RockerUAE- are you using this seat....pics please.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 AM
RabidBull
Novice
Default pics

RocketRocker the first pic i posted is the system they don't have the seat on this one so it can be used as a luggage rack. the bad part it is made for the Rocker and so the paint on it is the matte gray. the second pic is my seat and bike.

Rocker UAE so your saying you didn't mod the danny gray mounting bracket? the strut system is cutout and goes over mounting bolt holes so not a clean fit.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
taconitehead
Advanced

I was wondering the same thing when I bought the Danny Gray, and it looks to me like it will work. I never bothered to bolt it on since I changed the seat, but I did hold it in position. It looked like if I used a washer in the aft position as a spacer, and put some tape over the rear tab and washer to prevent scratching, it would bolt down. To have the passenger struts chromed was expensive, the are very rough casting and took a lot of work to prep for plating.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
taconitehead
Advanced

Photo of the chromed pass. seat

Attached Thumbnails Danny Gray seat on rocker C with after market HD passenger seat-p1030839.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 PM
pturner
Intermediate
Default Re: seat, chrome info

i paid $274 to get the arms chromed in tennessee. from Harley, they were powder coated primer to let you paint them to match your Rocker, not the C. the chrome guy said it took a lot of time to strip the powder coat, and then the arms are forged steel with all the metal flow lines left due to the forging. they are not cast iron. he then had to sand/polish much extra to get the metal smooth, then 6 copper plates, the buff again, before the nickel and finally chrome. they are however perfect and you can see yourself in them. i made a stainless sissy bar, patterned after the little Vrod bar that Harley tells you to use. now (not in pic) a Mustang back pad for the Vrod bar. it is much wider than the Vrod pad. it doesnt look so good, so when i am by myself, i change to the Vrod pad. it looks much better. OH, almost forgot, i have a Rocker seat, it is much-much better than the Rocker C seat. it has padding where the pillion is stored.
just my 2 cents. oh, i me just my $274.00!
pat in tennessee

Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Rocker_UAE
Cruiser

I cant access my photobucket coz of the crappy signal here in china but here are some photos in the below link where I used this setup

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...days-pics.html

Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Rocker_UAE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RabidBull

Rocker UAE so your saying you didn't mod the danny gray mounting bracket? the strut system is cutout and goes over mounting bolt holes so not a clean fit.

No modding at all I did exactly what taconite said and used a washer in the rear hole. I did take the allen key with me and checked if it came loose after a while on the road but i didnt need it.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
RabidBull
Novice

taconitehead, rocker uae and pturner I'll give that a shot. when you did this did you ever ride anyone on the seat or just use it for luggage?? seems to me that with the DG seat the new struts dont sit down on the square bolts flush? thoughts? thanks for the info and i think I will have them chromed as well.

Quick Reply: Danny Gray seat on rocker C with after market HD passenger seat