Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach bars question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beach bars question

36" or 39" Beach bar question. Do they help lean you back in your seat? Trying to decide which handlebars to go with. Right now with my stock bars on my Deluxe I am having to reach just barely but on longer rides it is killing my back.

Thx for your help

Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I think the pullback and width are equally as important. the Burly beach bars which Truckbizz just put on his bike are really comfortable if that is your cup of tea. the thing I disliked about them is the angle of your wrists. But I feel that way about all handlebars. I like my knuckles to be facing straight forward.

get a broom and mark the handle for the varying widths. Sit your bike and try the varying widths and see what you think.

Drew

Old 04-15-2011, 11:08 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

They will sit you straight up in the seat and are really comfortable for just cruising around. The are not for aggressive riding, but they do have the cool factor and old skool style.
Ape guys say the BBars make the wrists bother you and BBar guys say the Apes make your shoulders ache. I've ridin both and niether bothers me.
BUT, I wouldn't want to ride either on a 2,500mi iron *** trip thats for sure. I have no regrets and no wrist issue.

15" pull back and 36" wide

Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Markske
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll let you know...

My Lo is going to the dealer this weekend to have the stock bars replaced by HD Beach Bars (36" wide).
I'll let you know as soon as I have the bike back (I guess somewhere next weekend).

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 AM
mori55
Tourer

Originally Posted by KeeBee
36" or 39" Beach bar question. Do they help lean you back in your seat? Trying to decide which handlebars to go with. Right now with my stock bars on my Deluxe I am having to reach just barely but on longer rides it is killing my back.

Thx for your help
Go to wildones, call the owner and he will tell you what bars feel the best.
Did it with my Deluxe and now it feels great

Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,886 Likes on 4,674 Posts

I just installed the narrow beach bars on my bones. Super comfortable but like it has been said, it puts a weird twist on my wrists. Just did 100 mile ride and I could have kept going forever. The back pack on my back killed me though. The narrow bars will give you a little more pullback despite the numbers. You're not reaching so far out and it feels like sitting in a lounge chair. But the bars are not for aggressive riding, but improved handling over the apes considerably.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:10 AM
rockchalk08
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KeeBee

Thx for your help
I've got 39" Burly Long Horns. I needed an inch or two more pullback and I got it and then some with the Long Horns. I like'em alot, no issues with the wrist as others have mentioned (pretty much straight with the arm, its my "elbows" that moved closer to my body, if that makes sense.). The riding position overall is very comfortable. I probably could have gotten the pull back I needed with the 37" beach bars though, but no complaints. The one thing I would say is take your time picking bars, especially if your going to internal wire them (you dont want to have to do that often). Good luck. Post pics when you get whatever bars you go with!

Last edited by rockchalk08; 04-16-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:15 AM
bloomington g
Road Captain

You might want to try Heritage bars with your Deluxe riser. Some folks who have done this really like the bar position you end up with.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:58 AM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for all your help. There are two types of bars in the running. Beach bars or ape hangers. Going to take me a couple of months to decide. Figuring the cable kit, grips, chrome housings will all fit either bar I go with. So if I end up changing my mind all I have to change out is the bar.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I have Burly Bikini Beach Bars and they are awesome. Very comfortable.

Attached Thumbnails Beach bars question-2010-fat-boy-lo-005.jpg  

Quick Reply: Beach bars question