Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Riding Position

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy Riding Position

I recently upgraded from a Nightster to the big boy league and bought a Fatboy Lo. I had forward controls on the Nightster and was able to stretch way out. Now I get on the Fatboy and I really feel cramped. I have the stock seat and floorboards on it. Is there a seat that gives you a little more room? I am new to this forum and looking forward to contributing.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Riding Position-8165223_24.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The boards should help you out, but you can get the Kuryakyn 1" out 1" over extensions. I have them and they make a big difference.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/83/Relocator-Brackets

There are a lot of seats that will push you back. I think Harley bad lander, LePera and C&C seats too

Or have your stock seat shaved

Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Thanks. I was looking into a Brawler seat, just thinking it looks a little lower profile, but would like to sit on one first. Anyone have an opinion on that particular seat?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Welcome to The Fat Boy Lo Club!

Welcome to The Fat Boy Lo Club Brotha!

Here is the key:
All you have to do is go to this thread and read through it all and you will get all the questions you ever had answered.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...lo-owners.html

A word of caution:
Hold onto your wallet tight! Cause after reading it, your money is gonna start flowing outta it!

Last edited by Jester750; 01-24-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Lots of FL bike owners just put some footpegs on their engine guards, Which U'd have to get also.

Make sure if U do a seat the puts U further back that it don't make U reach too far for the bars. just saying.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Silver Ghost
Cruiser

I just could not get use to the cramp feeling with the floorboards on my old fatboy, I tried highway pegs, but then you need to shift and brake in town and your still cramped. I ended up getting rid of the floorboards and crash bar and installed forward controls it really cleaned up the bike and it's has real comfortable riding position now.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:15 PM
shitbox
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaronr6
Thanks. I was looking into a Brawler seat, just thinking it looks a little lower profile, but would like to sit on one first. Anyone have an opinion on that particular seat?
My wife has a Brawler leather seat on her Heritage and it is great. It is alot higher quality than a Lepera seat. It is also really comfortable and still provides some back support.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shitbox
My wife has a Brawler leather seat on her Heritage and it is great. It is alot higher quality than a Lepera seat. It is also really comfortable and still provides some back support.
You probably wouldn't know since its not your bike, but did it move her back a bit? It looks like there is way less padding than the stock seat.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

I have a barely used badlander I'd sale you if your interested. I'm too short for it but it's definitely a lower profile seat.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brutus01
I have a barely used badlander I'd sale you if your interested. I'm too short for it but it's definitely a lower profile seat.

Thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind. I need to make a decision soon. I was kinda looking for a removable passenger seat although. But if the price is right...

Quick Reply: Fatboy Riding Position