Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find complete front ends

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where to find complete front ends

Hey fellas, I've been a lurker on here for a while now but just recently bought my first HD, a 2005 FXSTI just 2 weeks ago. It only has 2000mi on it! Now I've always had my mind set on a gangster Deluxe build but for the price I got the FXSTI for I just couldn't pass it up. Other than the fenders and chrome pieces, I know I need to get an FL front end to give me the look I want. As far as I know from my research I can fit on a Deluxe, Fatboy, or Heritage front end on my frame with no issues. Been lookin in the classifieds here, eBay, and Craigslist and can't seem to find any. If I pieced it together and order from the dealership it would probably cost me around $2000. Now I'm wondering if I should have just saved a little more and just got a Deluxe in the first place. In any case can somebody point me in the right direction? Any specific sites I can go to for a complete front end?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM
elizer
Road Captain

I'm on my phone so I can't see location but u can look for a salvage bike. there's also a guy in North Dakota that sells a bunch of bikes that's gone down.

if u look at some eBay Harley's his are the ones that have damage and for cheap

he always includes parts to fix it back up in the sale
I think he's good about guaranteeing his stuff but I have never bought from him. When I get home I could search and try to find it.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:07 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
elizer
Road Captain

http://www.ubsupercenter.com/
Ok this is the guy i was talking about.
Might be worth giving it a shot.
Do you just need forks or triple trees fender and everything? otherwise shorts find is a good deal.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by elizer
I'm on my phone so I can't see location but u can look for a salvage bike. there's also a guy in North Dakota that sells a bunch of bikes that's gone down.

if u look at some eBay Harley's his are the ones that have damage and for cheap

he always includes parts to fix it back up in the sale
I think he's good about guaranteeing his stuff but I have never bought from him. When I get home I could search and try to find it.
Cool, let me know! Thanks!

Originally Posted by ShortsNSandals

That's just the shocks though. Still need the triple tree, which is pretty much what I'm having trouble finding for a decent price.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by elizer
http://www.ubsupercenter.com/
Ok this is the guy i was talking about.
Might be worth giving it a shot.
Do you just need forks or triple trees fender and everything? otherwise shorts find is a good deal.
I'll contact him and see if he has parts. Looks like he's only selling whole bikes. Pretty much just need the triple tree. Shocks, nacelle, tins, can be had for pretty cheap on eBay. But if I can find a deal for the whole front end I'm all for it.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
elizer
Road Captain

Ya but he sells his a lot of his bikes with replacement parts to make it act and look right so im sure this guys has a storage of good stuff. Worth the while if not just piece out ur goal. Good luck man and post up pictures when ur done.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Check the softail parts section , there was a gentleman selling complete Deluxe front end, use the 'advanced search'

Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by klf33
Check the softail parts section , there was a gentleman selling complete Deluxe front end, use the 'advanced search'
Spent a good 2hrs last night going through the ads. Didn't find any FL front ends that were still available. I'll keep hunting

Old 04-12-2013, 10:08 PM
badluckfxsts
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey OP, I'm in a similar situation. I've been over my springer front end for some time now. I haven't had much luck finding an FL front end either. The way some act around here I'll probably be banned when I do change to the FL style.

Quick Reply: Where to find complete front ends