Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help... quick release windshield mounts 96 heritage

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:40 PM
hd96heritage
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help... quick release windshield mounts 96 heritage

so i frequent this site quite often looking up information, but i had to finally create an account for this question because i'm just not finding an answer....

so here's the deal... my 96 heritage is currently going through a bit of a transformation and i've decided that part of that transformation will be an audio fairing. i want the fairing to be quick release.

i'm not finding many options for a fairing in my year but i did find and am liking the wide open customs fairing. they look nice and have a nice price as well.

as it says on the page "The Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail fairing attaches to your factory quick disconnect windshield brackets"... which i don't have.

currently my set up has a detachable windshield that is not quick release. it attaches by 2 bolts into a bracket on each tube...

am i going mad cuz i can not find these quick detach mounts online anywhere. been searching all day but all that i'm digging up is these new style windshields that have the quick release clamps for the tubes... not what i need. i need the mounts the windshield brackets slide into. and i want the brackets too. i know that i've seen them before a couple years ago. anyone have a part number on this?? i was wanting to get one anyway for my shield even tho i'm still getting a fairing.

anyone else put an audio fairing on an evo softail?? what brand did you go with and why? or did you need to use a fairing for and newer model and modify mounts/brackets and such?

thanks in advance for the help!