Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on options -- Screaming Eagle slip-ons and LED light

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts
Default Opinions on options -- Screaming Eagle slip-ons and LED light

According to the HD website these options fit on my 1200T 2014 Superlow Sportster. Anyone have any negatives on these? Thinking of moving ahead with these.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte.../superlow.html

Old 08-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Andy Knell
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Your link goes to the HD page for the Superlow. Did you mean to link it to slip-ons?

Slip-ons vs full systems is always a question. Gotta think about what you want to happen with the exhaust. I tried the Street Cannons on my Forty-Eight and didn't like 'em. No improvement in sound or performance.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:51 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

I have read mostly negative comments on the new street-legal SEs with respect to sound. It depends on what you want out of your pipes. I had SEII and they sounded and performed well similar to my Rush, but they discontinued the SEIIs and replaced it with street-legal exhaust.

Your title says LED but you made no mention of this in your thread. If you are looking for an integrated LED bulb that fits in your stock bucket, then check out DK Customs.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:18 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 388 Likes on 298 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish with the slipons?
If it's more performance the SE-SP's wont do much, if it's more noise be aware that the SE-SP is just slightly louder than stock.
If you want a good improvement on sound look for a used set of SEII's or a similar sound in new slipons at a reasonable price look at Cycle Shack.
If it's wringing out every ounce of performance your looking for look at a full exhaust, maybe even a two into one like a Bobcat.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

On the link I posted you have to scroll down to see the LED Headlight and slip-on muffler options.

No one seems to have much good to say about the slip-ons so I guess I'll pass on them for now.

I do think that I'm going to go for the LED headlight. Anything that makes the bike, and the road, more visible has to be a good thing.

Thank you to those few of you who commented.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Doug_Lyfe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like to ride at night the LED headlight is awesome, it looks a little futuristic but I feel more relaxed with it, only negative is price I'd say. Lots of threads here on it.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:53 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Kevin at DK customs posted headlight comparisons. I believe the HD Daymaker was the best out of all of them but I think it was the most expensive.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

i have the SE slip ons on my iron 2015 model, i did not what alot more sound just a little more, i will say after 1300/1400 km(around 800/850 miles) they seem broken in they do sound alot more now, plus i got the SE stage 1 but i bought the K&N upgrade, that gave me what i wanted here in europe the cops do performe DB cheks at some off the rallys, so i toke the safe way
i do love the V&H competetion but i think it´s to loud for me even with the DB killer, hate the drone on longer runs. but love hearing the loud ones at the meet´s
regards
RIX

Old 08-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Rob Robb
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sreaming Eagle slip ons & HD led headlight

I've got HD SE slip ons on my 2013 72. They were a tinny bit better than stock in performance & sound. If you gut the baffles & install DK Customs TTI's they actually do make a difference & still look stock. I get looks from the LEO's but never stopped for being too loud. I've grown tired of the stock look of the pipes & will be changing to a full 2 into 1 system, probably next Winter.
As for HD LED headlight. It has 1 big flaw as I see it, beside it's cost. The headlight has a single plane horizontal beam that's great when you're going straight. When you corner the light dips down with the lean of the bike and you don't get decent illumination of the corner. I searched & got a LED bulb off Ebay that has a triangle shaped 3 LEDs that plugs right in from China. Cheaper & better all around illumination.
I'll try to post a link here so you see the LED. I don't have a night time vid of it yet.
I've got videos you can hear how my HD SE slip ons sound with baffle removed & TTI's. ( link wouldn't work go to You Tube search for my channel, Robert Robb )

Attached Thumbnails Opinions on options -- Screaming Eagle slip-ons and LED light-led-lite.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 11:14 AM
mydogfarted
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got these on my '13 Seventy Two and enjoy them.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-06-8050307--1
Louder than stock, but not douchebag loud.

Quick Reply: Opinions on options -- Screaming Eagle slip-ons and LED light