Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED headlight Eagle Lights vs Scoot Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 04:50 PM
razorseal
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LED headlight Eagle Lights vs Scoot Lights

Hey guys,

I can't stand the night illumination my sportster has. I've been eyeing the daymaker for some time now but never wanted to spend the money for it. I was told about eagle lights by another rider few days ago and also found scoot Lights on Amazon.

The latest iteration they offer are the 6 LED headlights. Eagle lights seem to be more known and appears to offer jw like pattern.

The newest eagle light (generation 3 8900) is 150.
The newest scoot light (generation 2) is 89 dollars. They look exact from the outside.

It seems eagle uses osram LED's which is a great company. Not sure what scoot uses. I'm assuming cree

Anyways, I wanted to know if one is better than the other. Good price difference between the two...

And just for reference I plan on getting the custom dynamics LED white/amber DRL turn signal kit. I think it will look very cool to have 3 sets of LED lights up front and will make me more visible. Also great for riding at night...

If anyone has any info on these lights, I'd appreciate it.

I wish they had some reviews on YouTube. I plan on making one when I get them, so others can learn from my review.

Last edited by razorseal; 08-21-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Russty__
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Cant speak for the two headlights you've listed but im running the Daymaker and its very very bright at night and clean looking during the day. I love it. Also im running the custom dynamics that you listed and theyre great. Look great and easy to install! Having all LEDs around the bike really clean it up well. Goodluck with your headlight journey!

Old 08-21-2016, 06:40 PM
razorseal
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Russty__
Cant speak for the two headlights you've listed but im running the Daymaker and its very very bright at night and clean looking during the day. I love it. Also im running the custom dynamics that you listed and theyre great. Look great and easy to install! Having all LEDs around the bike really clean it up well. Goodluck with your headlight journey!
Thanks brother. Yeah these LEDs are the way to go. Really want the flashing/strobing rear stop lights too. Too many times people don't see I'm hitting the brakes. Sometimes during daytime they can't even tell if my brakes are on vs running light. The strobe effect will grab their attention for sure.

The daymaker is great but its too much money. I think there are other alternatives out there that will perform similar.

Did you have to get the signal/load balancer for your led running lights? What year sportster? I have a '10

Old 08-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Russty__
Tourer

Originally Posted by razorseal
Thanks brother. Yeah these LEDs are the way to go. Really want the flashing/strobing rear stop lights too. Too many times people don't see I'm hitting the brakes. Sometimes during daytime they can't even tell if my brakes are on vs running light. The strobe effect will grab their attention for sure.

The daymaker is great but its too much money. I think there are other alternatives out there that will perform similar.

Did you have to get the signal/load balancer for your led running lights? What year sportster? I have a '10
I did not, The day maker is expensive especially if there are products on the market that are just as good. My signal lights were plug and play, didnt have to change anything but also my bike is as 2016 so im not sure the roll that plays into that compared to your 2010.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:21 PM
razorseal
Cruiser

I did not, The day maker is expensive especially if there are products on the market that are just as good. My signal lights were plug and play, didnt have to change anything but also my bike is as 2016 so im not sure the roll that plays into that compared to your 2010.
Ah yes. Intbimk 14 and up (or 15?) No longer need them.

Could you take a picture for me with all 3 LEDs lit up so I see what it looks like on a sportster?

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Russty__
Tourer

Could you take a picture for me with all 3 LEDs lit up so I see what it looks like on a sportster?

Thanks!
Yes sir! I'll try to send one over today.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Russty__
Tourer

Thanks!
Photos.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:22 PM
razorseal
Cruiser

Photos.

Thanks for that!

Old 08-24-2016, 09:08 PM
MikeK13
Cruiser
Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey guys,

I can't stand the night illumination my sportster has. I've been eyeing the daymaker for some time now but never wanted to spend the money for it. I was told about eagle lights by another rider few days ago and also found scoot Lights on Amazon.

The latest iteration they offer are the 6 LED headlights. Eagle lights seem to be more known and appears to offer jw like pattern.

The newest eagle light (generation 3 8900) is 150.
The newest scoot light (generation 2) is 89 dollars. They look exact from the outside.

It seems eagle uses osram LED's which is a great company. Not sure what scoot uses. I'm assuming cree

Anyways, I wanted to know if one is better than the other. Good price difference between the two...

And just for reference I plan on getting the custom dynamics LED white/amber DRL turn signal kit. I think it will look very cool to have 3 sets of LED lights up front and will make me more visible. Also great for riding at night...

If anyone has any info on these lights, I'd appreciate it.

I wish they had some reviews on YouTube. I plan on making one when I get them, so others can learn from my review.
I'm in the same boat as you man. I don't like my headlight either but i want an alternative to the day maker that is undeniably sweet but soooo expensive. Post pics of whatever you end up purchasing.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:50 PM
JayTee2015
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeK13
I'm in the same boat as you man. I don't like my headlight either but i want an alternative to the day maker that is undeniably sweet but soooo expensive. Post pics of whatever you end up purchasing.
How about this one. . . a few of us have ordered it and looks great.

See this thread for some other pictures as well as those on Amazon in the review section.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...l#post15445237

https://www.amazon.com/Wisamic-Proje...cm_rdp_product

Last edited by JayTee2015; 08-29-2019 at 03:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MikeK13 (08-24-2016)

Quick Reply: LED headlight Eagle Lights vs Scoot Lights