Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Philly Cheese Steak

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Philly Cheese Steak

Me and my riding bro's took off Saturday morning at 7:00am from Milford, CT and traveled to South Philly to Geno's for some Philly Cheese Steak wedges. We got there around 1:30 and chowed down. After sitting around for around an hour and eating we took off back home. I got in around 6:00.
2 weeks ago we took a drive up to Great Barrington Mass. It was around a 300 mile day. We had our wives on the back. It was a great day.
So far... since theend of August, I have put 2500 miles on my Sportster.
I ride a 1988 1200 Sportster. Its a Stage 2.5+ conversion done by Johnson Engine Technology. My friends all have big bikes. 2007 Screaming Eagle Springer, 1996 Softail custom, 2001 Fatboy. I have the small bike out of the bunch. The only hassle for me is the frequent stops to the gas station. I can only go 85-90 miles before I have to hit the reserve. They can all go around 180+.
I need a bigger tank!!! I would like to get something that is 4+ gallons and that is a bolt on with no mods necessary.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
boom215
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Philly Cheese Steak

genos might be more famous, but me being from philly, im going out on a limb here and saying steves prince of steaks would be a better choice if you ever get back here.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 PM
jmarkle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The steak at Pat's is better.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Being a redneck, I certainly can't debate the different Philly Cheese Steak places in Philly, but DAMNIT, now I want one. I've been to Geno's but it's been years. That was some pretty good eatin!!!

That sounds like another good reason to try and make a trip up to Laconia Bike Week, next year.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Sportacus
Novice

Philly huh? Try a Chickies prociutto special next time. Then hit Isgros on the way out for a canolli. You'll be in heaven all the way back. See the shops at DiBruno's and Claudios. Best day trip I ever took, again and again and again...

If its got two wheels or tastes good, I'm on it.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Dango
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does it compare to the white house in Jersey?
ORIGINAL: boom215

genos might be more famous, but me being from philly, im going out on a limb here and saying steves prince of steaks would be a better choice if you ever get back here.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:14 PM
DannyNucclz
Intermediate

Went down to Phlly yesterday to hit up Pat's which is a far superior cheese steak to Geno's. I was gearing up for round two when some locals told me about a place called Tony Luke's off of Front St. Not bad, but way too good. The meat was lean, the cheese was neat and the bread tasted just too damn good. I like my sloppy, cheesey Pat's, thats the way they should be made.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:31 PM
sgt joseph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up on PATS cheesesteaks, use to drive from jersey across the walt whitman bridge and over to pats for a nice greasy cheese steak !!!!!!!!the trip only takes about 15 minutes from where i growed up in south jersey......I miss that place alot at times !

Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 PM
michaelvs710
Cruiser

Phils Steaks is good as long as you dont mind almost getting shot to eat a good steak! But Geno's is the best!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bunk all this..........what forum and I reading in anyway. <southern drawl>Youse guys shouldn't otta talk about phili cheessteaks wheres us southerners can read what yowr tawking bout.......

durn dribblin' on my 'puter keys now.[:@]</drawl>

I was stationed in Phili for nearly a year and been passsing thru for the last twenty till I got a local job about ten years ago. Now I can't even make it up there on a day trip....... and I can't pick between Gino and pat's but I can durn shore have a taste test session when I do get back up that way.

..lesssee...vacation days left between now and X-mas.....

Quick Reply: Philly Cheese Steak