Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Free stuff!

Went into my local HDD yesterday and got a pillion, passenger pegs, and detachable sissy bar, and got a free travel kit bag that includes a multi purpose tool, a LED flashlight, thermal blanket, and a LED triangle flashing thingy! I also got over 500 bucks on my rewards card now and have 50 bucks store credit! I knoweveryone calls it the "stealership" or HD stands for "hundred dollar" but at least they TRY to make up for it somewhat.I used to own a Honda and doing buisness with a few Honda places around here is annoying. I wont name the places but they were always a bunch of dicks. So far, the customer sirvice I have recieved from HD has far surpassed anyone I have delt with before as far as metrics. Maby I'm just easily impressed...

Old 03-02-2008, 03:00 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Free stuff!

Motordrum, I don't know where you're from, but what you say about the Honda dealers is 100% true! At least here in my area. They act like you should pay admission when you go in there.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went to a Honda/some other metric dealership with my Fiances mom so she could get her oil changed and for one they scheduled it and some other stuff on a day when the bike techs had off so the sales guy was like I'll do it for you and she was like uh no I was going to get other stuff done too and he was like oh nevermind.
Anyways part B of my story. After that little dilemma he asked me if I was the one who had ridden in on a Sportster and I was thinking oh great he is gonna give me a sales gig. But no, he had recieved in a early 2000 sporster for a trade (It was too loud for the guy but was stock and when they moved it and we were inside we didn't hear it running but I know to each their own.) Anyways he was asking me how much to sell it for, if I thought it was in good shape if it looked like it had any aftermarket parts on it and then on top of it he wanted me to tell people to come buy it and basically sell it for him for free. And, on top of that he was like yeah so when someone says they like your bike tell them there is one exactly like it at Beloit Honda/some other metric place. That insulted me, this one was dirty and pretty rough looking and was just gross needless to say the Fiance got pissed.
part c of my story. The sales guy said he would GIVE my Fiances mom some brand new metric bike that was like an 1800 around the block. She was afraid and he was dead serious and I was like COME ON you can do it. She said it would be too heavy and I said all you have to do is be able to balance it and the guy was like yeah whatever and then I was like I bet I can ride that thing around the block and he said I know you could thats why I'm not offering you that deal. Anyways she chickened out and I was like just like duh.
Part d to my isn't cool at all not like the other parts were so I'll spare you.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the Honda dealers. I'd bounced around from shop to shop until I found THE PERFECT Honda shop. Cowboy Honda in Beaumont, TX. They've been absolutely phenomenal for three years and I can't say enough good things about them.

This dealership is so good that I actually feel bad about not buying a new Honda from them as my new bike. But, I rationalized it by walking across the parking lot to Cowboy Harley and dropping a deposit on the 1200R. Same company, same location, different building.

In a couple months, I'll let you know how their service department is, but if they're half as good as their Honda shop they've got my buisness for the next 7 years.

ORIGINAL: motordrum

Went into my local HDD yesterday and got a pillion, passenger pegs, and detachable sissy bar, and got a free travel kit bag that includes a multi purpose tool, a LED flashlight, thermal blanket, and a LED triangle flashing thingy! I also got over 500 bucks on my rewards card now and have 50 bucks store credit! I knoweveryone calls it the "stealership" or HD stands for "hundred dollar" but at least they TRY to make up for it somewhat.I used to own a Honda and doing buisness with a few Honda places around here is annoying. I wont name the places but they were always a bunch of dicks. So far, the customer sirvice I have recieved from HD has far surpassed anyone I have delt with before as far as metrics. Maby I'm just easily impressed...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Stefan
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: motordrum
HD stands for "hundred dollar"
I went to the hunderd dollar stealership for some blinker fluid.
The guy behind the counter (Little John) asked what year & if I needed synthetic or regular.
I told John I needed the regular fluid.
He went out back, came out with the blinker in a little box and started ringing it up.
Looking in my wallet, I only had a $20 bill. I asked him how much and he said $21.95 (~$3).

We were having a bit of fun since the other customers in the area had no idea what blinker fluid was and that it would cost over $20 bucks for such a small box.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master

The Honda VTX 1800 is a genuine peice of crap.

Horrible brakes, horrible handling, horrible ride. But it looks "just like a Harley" There's an '05 on a local lot that's never been out of the dealer's parking lot - the guy offered it to me with $5k off the top (that's 30%!!!) and the thing still hasn't moved.

Honda used to put together some pretty good bikes, but they're acting like AMF bought them or something...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Stefan
Road Master

Bad Honda stories:
1999 Honda Shadow ACE

Take it to a Honda stealership on the seacoast of NH for a 10,000 mile checkup.
It was left outside overnight in the rain and nothing was done to it.

Ordered a front tyre from a stealership in Southern ME. ACE tires are not stock items, special order. Have to make an appointment and wait.....
Go to get the tire & oil done. 1 hour later they have changed the oil and can't find the tire & would have to order another one. I complained to the owner because my tire is nearly bald and I have to wait another two weeks for a tyre. They then found the tire. They had put it on reserve for "one of their" customers who was coming in the next weekend. They would not give me the tire they ordered for me because they needed it for somebody else.

I have never had as poor treatment at Harley Stealerships as I have had at "other brands" stealerships.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master

I may have you beat on a tire story... A couple years ago, I picked up a nail in my front tire. It's Saturday before a long weekend and the bike was my only transportation, so I needed it replaced NOW and I was willing to pay for it.

I called every dealer and *finally* found one that stocked the tire size and brand I was running (I don't like mixing tires) so I go in. Get the bike back with the wrong tire on the front. That's strange. SO I look closer. The tire is mounted BACKWARDS!!!!!

So, I walk right back in and ask what's going on and where my real tire is. Come to find out, they had "fibbed" to me about having the tire in stock. As for being backwards... I don't remember what the excuse was, but I didn't buy it for a second. So they remount it (in the right direction) and give it back to me - flat, the beads hadn't even been seated.

Service manager offers me a rear tire (it was that time) at cost and a discount on labor. Well, I decided to give them a shot again (I never claimed to be smart) and they promtly dropped the bike in the back and ripped the handgrip off getting it back up. The bike comes back and the rear tire has a whopping 15 psi in it. While I was inflating the tire, I found out the hand grip was loose (the ******** had simply slipped it back on) and I went in, tossed it on the service manager's desk and asked when he planned on telling me his shop had ripped my hand grip off. That's when he told me they had dropped the bike in the back and I walked out. Haven't darkened their door since.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Stefan
Road Master

The "other brand" stealerships make a killing on those who simply refuse to ride a Harley but want a v-twin.