Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Immobilizer fob question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
0Nightster7
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobilizer fob question

I have a 07 nightster with the immobilizer option. was talking to this guy this weekend about it and told him how when i got the bike it would start like a couple days after. i found that my immobilizer key chain fob batteries were dead. he said he tought there was a way u could put a code in on the bike or some kind a steps u can do so u dont have to carry them with u......... is this true? i dont have a owners manual , the last owner lost it. if so any one know how or where i could find the out the steps on how to do it.......... thanks

Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Sporty105
Advanced

There is a code you can put in to bypass the FOB. Within 2 seconds of turning the key you need to press and hold both turn signal buttons. This will bring up a code entry screen on the odometer. Left turn signal runs through numbers 1-9 and right turn signal enters the number.

Kicker is you either need to know the code for that bike or get it to a dealer to reset to your code of choice.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
0Nightster7
Intermediate

thank you........ he did say something about the turn signals thanks ill check with the dealer

Old 06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
jerryw618
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

here this might help

More info on the alarm functions.

To verify your PIN code, proceed as follows with the FOB present..
Turn ignition on-off-on-off-on.Then hit the left blinker button twice-then the right button once *. You should get the current pin number displayed in the odometer window.
Don't waste any time doing this or it will not work.

*With a button fob system you must hit the button on fob twice instead of hitting right signal to enter new code. Same to find existing PIN. Button fob twice instead of right signal.

Let's assume for simplicity that your code is set at 31313 and you wish to use the manual disarm of the security system using the directional switches as if you lost your fob and cannot disarm the system.

Your security system will disarm the bike and it cannot be started without deactivating the system first.

This applies to systems using the button type security fob only. See further down the page for later button less models.

If you are unsure of what the manual code is refer to the top of this page or check with your dealer and set one if it has not been set by them. Failure to set a manual code may require a replacement of the TSSM should a problem arise and they come at a healthy price.

Again this is based on your code being 31313 just to make it easier to understand.

1. Turn the ignition to Accessory.

2. Press both turn signals. (security light should flash rapidly)

3. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

4. Press left turn signal button 1 time. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

5. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

6. Press left turn signal button 1 time. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

7. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

Security light stops flashing and security system is disarmed.

If you've changed the number, use your new number instead of 31313.

Here's a copy of the wallet alarm card if you have lost yours.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...lletcard-1.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...Walletcard.jpg

Button less fobs (Smart FOB)

To view how to deactivate the security system using the manual PIN codes, read here.
http://www.***********/diagnostics_a..._injection_rel ated/1996-manual_alarm_disarming.html (http://www.***********/diagnostics_a..._injection_rel ated/1996-manual_alarm_disarming.html)

To view/change the PIN number follow this procedure, but read and understand it first, then see the note at the bottom.

1. Select 5 digit code (1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

NOTE
The key to doing this proceedure is to turn the ignition switch on/off/on/off/on and use the left directional 3 times then the right just once and do it all in TWO SECONDS or it will not work.
Also on new installations, the dealer has to program the fob using the bar code for it to work.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:25 PM
0Nightster7
Intermediate

damn thanks

Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

you're welcome

Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 AM
1200Cdriver
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine will only allow me to start it once so when you shut it off you have to do it all over again. The battery in your FOB is made in Indonesia, the replacement from WalMart is a Panasonic from Japan, it might last a lot longer than the original. Jury still out on that.
2007 1200 C