Originally Posted by jdub099
I put my Stage 1 bike on the dyno with the FuelPak and settings from V&H and it was dangerously lean. Like 15.9:1. Not where you'd expect on the top end but right in the middle of the RPM range. It seemed to run fine. Seemed. Put your bike on a dyno with a wideband, then tell us how great a FuelPak is. Really, perception is meaningless without evidence.
That being said, here's what I was able to decipher of the FuelPak settings:
Mode Possible Function
1 idle fuel, throttle lag (-), off idle stumble (+)
2 idle fuel, throttle lag (-), off idle stumble (+)
3 idle fuel
4 idle fuel
5 <1/4 throttle fuel, throttle lag ( - )
6 1/4 --> 1/2 throttle
10 cruise speed fuel 50mph 1/4 --> 1/2 throttle, highway stumble (+)
11 cruise speed fuel 60mph
12 cruise speed fuel 70mph
14 told to raise this for misfire/leaness under heavy throttle
15 told to raise this for misfire/leaness under heavy throttle
16 told to raise this for misfire/leaness under heavy throttle
17 idle a/f ratio
23 fuel cut/injector shunt at 0 throttle, decel popping (-), stalling (+)
I called V&H a bunch of times and each time focused on one issue so I could get them to focus on one or two settings, that way I was able to isolate what some of the settings do. Also searched around on here and the XLforums to figure out some of the other settings.
I did a lot with mine too and its documented in this forum in various posts.
When I first replaced my pipes like four years ago I got the FP and it was great ... Idle, acceleration, no popping, etc. Bike ran smooth using the map from the VH website.
Last year I changed the ac and the FP (which is actually made for bikes with exhaust and ac upgrades) ran for crap.
I checked the site, saw they had a new map. Printed it and added it to my book right next to the other one I snagged from their site years back. I made the changes and idles fine but rode horribly.
Called VH no less than 10 times to get tweaks ... Nothing worked and some of them damn near killed me ... Like causing the bike to buck like crazy at 45mph.
Like the poster I copied here, I found what some of the settings did through trial and error and also from other chats and tried to map my own...
After a couple weeks I gave up, put the stock ac on and went back to the original map.
I'm currently saving for an auto tuner.