Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 05:51 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by elfnyc
if you do all 4 flashers you will need the load eq ----
if you do just the front or rear you wont need to buy it ...
elfman, this past week, since my load equalizer's hosed, I changed out my LED's for incandescent bulbs while I wait for a replacement LE, but just for $hitz'n giggles a couple days ago I removed the fronts and threw the Dynamic Ringz back in to see what would happen, and just as I thought, they blinked normal three times, then both the indicators AND the LED's went into hyperflash. After reading on this thread how one guy said his indicators blinked fast but his bulbs didn't, I said to myself, how can this be?

I really don't know the answer to that, but as far as my '09 Iron is concerned, things were fine until I hooked up one set of LED's - after I did the LED's went haywire. I didn't try it with the rears, but both the fronts and rears are populated with 42 individual LED's so I think both would act the same, or am I hitting the cRaCk pipe?

In the meantine, the incandescent bulbs aren't too bad shabby!

=8^)

Old 09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone
elfman, this past week, since my load equalizer's hosed, I changed out my LED's for incandescent bulbs while I wait for a replacement LE, but just for $hitz'n giggles a couple days ago I removed the fronts and threw the Dynamic Ringz back in to see what would happen, and just as I thought, they blinked normal three times, then both the indicators AND the LED's went into hyperflash. After reading on this thread how one guy said his indicators blinked fast but his bulbs didn't, I said to myself, how can this be?

I really don't know the answer to that, but as far as my '09 Iron is concerned, things were fine until I hooked up one set of LED's - after I did the LED's went haywire. I didn't try it with the rears, but both the fronts and rears are populated with 42 individual LED's so I think both would act the same, or am I hitting the cRaCk pipe?

In the meantine, the incandescent bulbs aren't too bad shabby!

=8^)
ok try again - put the led in front and regular bulb in the rear
then try this

turn on the hazards / cycle them on

and let them run for a minute or two, or more to "re-sync" the signals.

shut them off then the scoot - then wait a few seconds like 15 or 20 then try the blinkers

as far as one guy said his indicators blinked fast aka the dummy light
but his bulbs didn't, I said to myself, how can this be?
im thinkin its because its a regular bulb for the dummy light it may have something to do with it -- not sure will have to look into that

are your leds all working ? they should act the same yes - unless one of the lights has a few blown led or corroded led then it would act weird ,,

but if you try to do what i said up top -- you should be able to run led in front and regular in back with no problem or hyper flash .. its when you do allllll 4 bulbs you will have problems

Last edited by elfnyc; 09-01-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:28 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

ps

maybe your blinker fluid is low ??? lolol

Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by elfnyc
ok try again - put the led in front and regular bulb in the rear
then try this

turn on the hazards / cycle them on

and let them run for a minute or two, or more to "re-sync" the signals.

shut them off then the scoot - then wait a few seconds like 15 or 20 then try the blinkers

as far as one guy said his indicators blinked fast aka the dummy light
but his bulbs didn't, I said to myself, how can this be?
im thinkin its because its a regular bulb for the dummy light it may have something to do with it -- not sure will have to look into that

are your leds all working ? they should act the same yes - unless one of the lights has a few blown led or corroded led then it would act weird ,,

but if you try to do what i said up top -- you should be able to run led in front and regular in back with no problem or hyper flash .. its when you do allllll 4 bulbs you will have problems
Hey man, I did have incandescent bulbs in the rear when I swapped out the incandescent fronts for the Dynamic Ringz and got the quick flash...and was unaware of any need to "resync" the lights...I though that was only required to "sync" the load equalizer after the installation of it and the LED's? Either way I'll try your suggestions...

In regards to your other questions, all the LED's are in picture perfect shape...I poured over each and every one, and found that every single LED is working. I looked for any signs of burn on the individual LED's both on and off, checked the disks, and surface mounted electronics themselves and found nothing, the wiring was perfect with no cuts, bends, or squashes, and all the 1157 style bases were intact and free from corrossion [I always try to use dielectric grease on such connections].

I did have a thought though since you mentioned blinker fluid...I overfilled it the last time and each blinker dripped each time one was used until the level returned to normal. And to make matters worse, I dunno what I did with the last bottle I had and that one took me years to find...that $hit is more rarer than hens teeth and chicken lips combined!

;O)

=8^)