"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Snow Birding for the first time in Citrus County

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Come to the Ocala Rally next week?

I won't be there till the beginning of December.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sofadog
Just about anywhere due East, West, North of Inverness is great riding. Have to be careful going South to stay away from the Tampa and Coast traffic. Little further inland from Tampa going South offers some nice riding. Check out Solomons Castle.

http://www.solomonscastle.org
I've been talking to a couple guys around here who have been to Central Florida riding. They all say it's an awesome place to ride as long as you take the secondary roads. They say the drivers on the main highways are crazy.

I may have to check out Soloman's Castle next time I go to visit some Family down that way. Thanks.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Gator
Lot's of nice places to ride and places to check out up that way.

Ocala National Forest. Goethe State Forest. West of Ocala that we call Horse Country. Ozello Trail outside Crystal River.

Leesburg Bikefest in April. Sleepy Hollow outside Floral City.
A ride to Ocala is definately on the list. I rode the Ozello Trail in a cage. I'm for sure gonna take a ride there on the bike.
I'm gonna go to Sleepy Hollow and from what I understand there are several other Biker Friendly bars around that area?
Anybody been to http://highoctanesaloon.com/ in Homosassa? It's within sight of Crystal River Harley Davidson.

Last edited by Prime Rib; 10-29-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Always lots of stuff going on at High Octane. Bands and events. Its a big steel Building with a huge ceiling fan made by a company called Big *** Fans that is about 16 feet wide. It always feels great in there no matter how hot it is outside. You are going to be right in the middle of the best riding in Florida. No matter which way you go from Citrus the riding is good. As far as the main highway thing, its all relative. The only Main highway in that area is 19 and it is nearly abandoned in that area. No traffic at all. I am just a little south of that area off of 19 so drop a line and we will show you the best rides.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Always lots of stuff going on at High Octane. Bands and events. Its a big steel Building with a huge ceiling fan made by a company called Big *** Fans that is about 16 feet wide. It always feels great in there no matter how hot it is outside. You are going to be right in the middle of the best riding in Florida. No matter which way you go from Citrus the riding is good. As far as the main highway thing, its all relative. The only Main highway in that area is 19 and it is nearly abandoned in that area. No traffic at all. I am just a little south of that area off of 19 so drop a line and we will show you the best rides.

Very informative Dave. Thanks for the post. Sounds like we've picked the right place to winter.