"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Snow Birding for the first time in Citrus County

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts
Lightbulb Snow Birding for the first time in Citrus County

Hi Guys,
This will be the first time my Father and I are getting away from the cold winter hell that is Northeast Ohio for the whole winter. We're Snow Birding in Citrus County.
We have only been there once, and that was during two weeks this June.
We'll be trailering our Electra Glide's with us.
What are some interesting things to do during the winter months, and some good places to ride?
Seems like a nice, quiet place to live. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Nobody has any input???

Old 10-22-2014, 09:09 PM
shredder22
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just jealous...

Old 10-23-2014, 07:19 AM
fatmurse
Tourer
Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
Nobody has any input???
What do you enjoy doing? As far as riding, "The Nature Coast," offers some of the best in the state. You are close enough to Daytona and St. Augustine that you could spend a day without spending the night. N. of Crystal River offers little if any traffic all the way to Tallahassee! Local attractions in Citrus Co. are numerous: Sleepy Hollow, Ozello Trail, The Freezer and Neon Leon's just to name a few. Ride to Cedar Key, go further N. to Suwanne
where the river empties into the gulf and eat at Saltcreek seafood.Any place onUS19 S.
of Weeki Wachie and you have Traffic, lot's of it. These are merely a few suggestions, I could go on and on but need to get to work. Any questions pm me and I will attempt to answer. Have good one!

Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by fatmurse
What do you enjoy doing? As far as riding, "The Nature Coast," offers some of the best in the state. You are close enough to Daytona and St. Augustine that you could spend a day without spending the night. N. of Crystal River offers little if any traffic all the way to Tallahassee! Local attractions in Citrus Co. are numerous: Sleepy Hollow, Ozello Trail, The Freezer and Neon Leon's just to name a few. Ride to Cedar Key, go further N. to Suwanne
where the river empties into the gulf and eat at Saltcreek seafood.Any place onUS19 S.
of Weeki Wachie and you have Traffic, lot's of it. These are merely a few suggestions, I could go on and on but need to get to work. Any questions pm me and I will attempt to answer. Have good one!
Thanks for the response fatmurse. (When we visited in June) we went to Ozello Trail, The Freezer, Neon Leon's, MacRae's, The Riverside Crabhouse, Seagrass Pub, Vintage On 5th. They are all great places to eat.
We didn't have our bikes, so we are unaware of places to ride. Our home base will be in Inverness. We'll be checking out Sleepy Hollow. Any other fun places to ride to for fun, dinner, a beer, etc? By doing a search I see that there are a number of Biker Friendly bars in the area.
The Homosassa area seems to be one the place to go for a fun time from what we've seen so far.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
Hi Guys,
This will be the first time my Father and I are getting away from the cold winter hell that is Northeast Ohio for the whole winter. We're Snow Birding in Citrus County.
We have only been there once, and that was during two weeks this June.
We'll be trailering our Electra Glide's with us.
What are some interesting things to do during the winter months, and some good places to ride?
Seems like a nice, quiet place to live. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Lot's of nice places to ride and places to check out up that way.

Ocala National Forest. Goethe State Forest. West of Ocala that we call Horse Country. Ozello Trail outside Crystal River.

Leesburg Bikefest in April. Sleepy Hollow outside Floral City.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:56 PM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Let me know when you get down here. I'd go to the Freezer for some shrimp with you.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Come to the Ocala Rally next week?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:24 AM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just about anywhere due East, West, North of Inverness is great riding. Have to be careful going South to stay away from the Tampa and Coast traffic. Little further inland from Tampa going South offers some nice riding. Check out Solomons Castle.

http://www.solomonscastle.org

Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DresserDude
Let me know when you get down here. I'd go to the Freezer for some shrimp with you.
Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind when I get there.

Quick Reply: Snow Birding for the first time in Citrus County