"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Appology to two members

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:55 PM
KeywestBen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appology to two members

This is for Harvey and Eddie who I met separaely in Daytona during bike week. They both greeted me with open arms and I was so glad to see them. I have not attended a rally for two years due to illness, surgery and changes in my motorcycle life. I am now riding a Can Am Spyder but the GOOD news is that I am still riding!. 10,000 miles on my five month old bike.

My apology is when I met them and tried to introduce my wife, my mind went blank and I could not remember their names and was too embarrassed to ask! Even though I fully knew who you were, the old mind play tricks. They say that is the 2nd thing that goes when you get old!

It drove me crazy so I called cHarley to get their name in case I ran in to them again but unfortunately did not.

Hope to see you again soon.

KeywestBen

Old 03-16-2015, 07:13 PM
fatmurse
Tourer
Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by KeywestBen
This is for Harvey and Eddie who I met separaely in Daytona during bike week. They both greeted me with open arms and I was so glad to see them. I have not attended a rally for two years due to illness, surgery and changes in my motorcycle life. I am now riding a Can Am Spyder but the GOOD news is that I am still riding!. 10,000 miles on my five month old bike.

My apology is when I met them and tried to introduce my wife, my mind went blank and I could not remember their names and was too embarrassed to ask! Even though I fully knew who you were, the old mind play tricks. They say that is the 2nd thing that goes when you get old!

It drove me crazy so I called cHarley to get their name in case I ran in to them again but unfortunately did not.

KeywestBen
I'm not Harvey or Eddie and I have never met you but it would be my pleasure, sir! You are a standup guy!

Old 03-16-2015, 10:56 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by KeywestBen

KeywestBen
I was with Eddie at Finns when we ran into you. He said nothing about it and probably thought nothing more. A nicer guy you'll never meet.
BTW nice meeting you.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:29 PM
KeywestBen
Cruiser

You are right I remember going over to say hello, thanks.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:20 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ben, no need to apologize, It was great seeing you. Glad you are able to ride anything after your surgery. Hope to see you again.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

We went on vacation when my Grandson was 10 months old. My wife was talking to a young Dad who introduced his toddler. My wife went to introduce my Grandson who we see almost every week, and she forgot his name.

Bad thing is, I used to rely on her to remember people's names. I was never good with that.

So don't worry. Happens to all of us, over 50.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:20 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I have told Barbara: If someone says hello to me and I don't introduce you....that is your cue to say "Hello, I am Barbara...
what name does Chuck know you as?"

Has worked in the past...

Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
I have told Barbara: If someone says hello to me and I don't introduce you....that is your cue to say "Hello, I am Barbara...

"Just reminded me of an event.....YEARS ago. In the Air Force it was called a 'dining out'. Formal military affair. Dress uniform, white shirts....black tie.
Took a woman I was dating at the time, and a Colonel happens to walk by and the woman says to me "Why don't you introduce me to the Colonel?"
What am I to say....a lowly enlisted Sergeant. So I excuse my self and say..."Forgive me, but I do not know the Colonel."
He said I am blah, blah....I said I am blah, blah and my date....blah, blah. That is about when I came up with the 'don't ask if I do not introduce' clause.

Chuck (Hi, I'm Chuck)

Old 03-17-2015, 08:57 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh

Maryellen has to do that all the time because my memory is so shot full of holes.
When the alarm goes off she rolls over, tells me my name and where I work. She must be right because they all seem to know me and my key opens the front door. She also says we have sex every night, but I'm beginning to have some doubts ...

Old 03-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Flip50
Cruiser
Question

What were we talking about?

Quick Reply: Appology to two members