"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Anyone want to join my kid and i to sturgis this year....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:30 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Anyone want to join my kid and i to sturgis this year....

for anyone in florida, my boy and i are leaving august 1st (around 5am) and heading to the 75th anniversary. we are planning on making the journey in 3 1/2 days (weather permitting). if you are interested we are looking at possibly this approx route day 1 ft lauderdale to atlanta area. day 2 to peoria il, day 3 to mitchell sd, day 4 to sturgis with a detour through the badlands....its approx 600-700 per day except day 4 is under 400 miles.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like fun, would love to go but I have never been and I don't know of any place to stay. Be safe and enjoy your ride.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Have a safe trip. I've done the trip several times & think the ride out and back is one of the best parts of the trip. Seeing the increasing number of motorcycles on the roads, all headed to or from Sturgis, is a good feeling. Just a suggestion, bring some octane booster for when you're out west. I've found 91+ octane difficult to find until your actually in the Sturgis area.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:15 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Have a safe trip. I've done the trip several times & think the ride out and back is one of the best parts of the trip. Seeing the increasing number of motorcycles on the roads, all headed to or from Sturgis, is a good feeling. Just a suggestion, bring some octane booster for when you're out west. I've found 91+ octane difficult to find until your actually in the Sturgis area.
thanks for the tip...the cvo needs higher octane...that bike runs hot, lower octane fuels really make it ping

Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

It's your trip, but I have to ask.
Why Peoria?
St Louis, Kansas City, then north is fewer miles and I-70 in Missouri can be a race track heading west.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:27 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Join my kid and ME, not I. True, but just razzing you. Sounds like an awesome trip. I want to hear about when you hand your keys over to him with the bike (saw the other thread). Have fun and ride safe!

Old 05-01-2015, 04:44 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DresserDude
Join my kid and ME, not I. True, but just razzing you. Sounds like an awesome trip. I want to hear about when you hand your keys over to him with the bike (saw the other thread). Have fun and ride safe!
grammer grammer grammer....not my strong suit...lmao. i think i've decided (based on the response in that other thread) i am going to give him the bike just as we are ready to set out on the way to sturgis. i'm gonna tell him i dont want him riding any of my bikes anymore then give him the keys and the bell....i think; anyway i stil have 3 months to decide...

Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

That's a 10 hour day, minimum, in the saddle. I'm guessing y'all doin the motel/hotel thng?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:46 PM
ultraclassic100
Stage I

we will be riding from Atlanta to Sturgis. leaving on Friday the 31st and riding Saturday the 1st sunday the 2nd, Sturgis on the 3rd. Done it last year, not a hard ride.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:24 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

The wife and I flew are Cessna up there one year when we lived in Denver. Too much traffic during the rally, parking was crazy in town.

Have a great ride and wish you safe travels.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to join my kid and i to sturgis this year....