"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Chesters HD sold

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 07:09 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by CBud
Tires for life should be contractual. I'd take that case for ya on contingency.

well thank you. But how does that work when the contract is with Chesters and they will be another name Harley dealership. Presumably they don't have to buy all parts and contracts of the old dealership? What happens to gift cards and credits in their computer?

Old 09-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Great questions!

Old 09-15-2016, 10:00 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
well thank you. But how does that work when the contract is with Chesters and they will be another name Harley dealership. Presumably they don't have to buy all parts and contracts of the old dealership? What happens to gift cards and credits in their computer?
Yes Lauren when you buy a business you buy all their assets and liabilities - thus your contract would stay in effect, unless there was some sort of out clause

But new owners can't just tell everyone to pound salt as they have to honor everything contractually agreed to by the previous owners

Old 10-05-2016, 08:57 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

I am getting pretty tired of all this crap going on with Chesters and less so wtih 45th St.

No militart discount? THAT is insulting.

Police got (or still do?) get a discount?

HOG members were also severely limited to ONLY the Saturday (or weekend) following their monthly meeting ONLY.

Nickle and dime you over and over. What? Their prices are not high enough as it f'n is??????

I hear over and over and over how GREAT Treasure Coast (Stuart HD) is to their customers. And DO give really good prices in new bikes etc.....

It may not seem like much but the following was BIG TIME meaningful to me.

About 4 yrs ago I was sitting on Veterans day with my Amercian LEgion T shirt on with some other guys at a BBQ place in Stuart. The owner of the HD Stuart came in (who NEVER met us b4), saw us eating and paid our entire bill and said THANK YOU for your service.

THAT is a quality guy. Couple that with all the GOOD things I hear about how he runs his HD Store makes me think it is an HONOR to be lo0yal to him and ride from here, Boca Raton (right between Chesters and 45th .st (PB HD) and take a nice ride up to Stuart and give THEM my business.

BuzzCap7

Old 11-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

If Sofer's purchased just the assets of Chester's they don't have to honor the obligations of the selling entity. If they bought the stock, typically they would have to honor the obligations (unless there was a bankruptcy involved, in which case the bankruptcy court can generally cancel obligations if the contracts aren't voided by the bankruptcy by their terms as they often are).

All that said, normally a smart organization will honor reasonable warranty and other obligations of a selling retailer, as it's expensive to attain new loyal customers and it's short sided to run a good customer down the road, particularly when they make such high margins on service and merchandise and there are 3 other Harley dealers within 50 miles.

Lauren, how many new Harleys did you buy at Chesters in the last 5 years? They would be very foolish to run you down the road for the $150 or so it likely costs them to give you a new tire every so often.

The Sofer family has built their empire on condos and hospitality, I would think someone there would understand making things right for a long term good customer is in everybody's best interest.

Keep us posted....

Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Another one changed, Jim's HD in St.Petersburg is now "Bert's Barracuda HD" He also owns Black Widow HD.
And it's pretty disgusting now. Bert's experience was car dealerships before the HD dealer. They're now wheeling and dealing like the rest.

There seems to be a push for big car dealer and other business corps to buy up the dealerships, and they are driving out the good owners. I just had one of the worst vehicle buying experiences in my life at Crystal River HD, and the word is they were good until the local car dealer chain owner bought them.

Keep it up HD, and many of us will either go to another brand or buy used.

I would prefer to have my first service done by a dealer, but I don't trust any dealership in my are to do it so I'm going to do it myself and record evertyghin with receipts.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:13 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I hear they are to be called Alligator Alley HD. they took over yesterday and no they are not honoring Tires for Life.

I'll likely take my service needs elsewhere from now on.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:23 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by uklauren
I hear they are to be called Alligator Alley HD. they took over yesterday and no they are not honoring Tires for Life.

I'll likely take my service needs elsewhere from now on.

Shame to hear when this Happens and sadly am hearing more and more of it and not just Harley Dealers ..

Old 11-06-2016, 08:34 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 309 Posts

After the elections, I believe bad Harley dealers will be the least of our worries