General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is weird

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default This is weird

I don't believe in coincidence; I believe everything happens for a purpose.

That said, this is the news I've heard over the past 3 days:

1. A good friend of mine was in a 1 vehicle motorcycle wreck over the weekend. He was very close to his home; told me he doesn't really know what happened but after a downshift & slight braking to take a curve in the road he found himself flying & tumbling across someone's yard. A broken fibula & 2 dislocated shoulders but he is doing OK. Bike is probably a total.
  2. There is currently one of those internet fund drives for the HD salesman who sold me my bike; I have no details other than he was in a motorcycle accident and is going to be out of work for a good while with medical bills & living expenses.
  3. A former co worker who I knew for years took his own life over the weekend. He was in his 70s, I know little of the details but heard he was battling depression. There was 1 major tragedy in his life that I am told changed him: many years ago (15-20?) he lost his only son when the son failed to make a turn & hit a tree on his motorcycle.
Don't know what to make of it if anything....just felt the need to put it into words...& to also say please be careful out there.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:31 PM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry to here about all that. Depression is a very dark place. Unfortunately it sometimes makes people do very selfish things. When people are depressed to the point of taking their own life, they never think about the others it may affect. All they know is their pain will cease to exist. Very sad!

Old 04-27-2015, 04:36 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

similar thing for me: A few months ago,within 1 week 3 guys I knew well since grade school[all near my age] passed away. Makes me think about trying to take better care of myself..!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Joe Dirt 14
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinch
I don't believe in coincidence; I believe everything happens for a purpose.

That said, this is the news I've heard over the past 3 days:

1. A good friend of mine was in a 1 vehicle motorcycle wreck over the weekend. He was very close to his home; told me he doesn't really know what happened but after a downshift & slight braking to take a curve in the road he found himself flying & tumbling across someone's yard. A broken fibula & 2 dislocated shoulders but he is doing OK. Bike is probably a total.
  2. There is currently one of those internet fund drives for the HD salesman who sold me my bike; I have no details other than he was in a motorcycle accident and is going to be out of work for a good while with medical bills & living expenses.
  3. A former co worker who I knew for years took his own life over the weekend. He was in his 70s, I know little of the details but heard he was battling depression. There was 1 major tragedy in his life that I am told changed him: many years ago (15-20?) he lost his only son when the son failed to make a turn & hit a tree on his motorcycle.
Don't know what to make of it if anything....just felt the need to put it into words...& to also say please be careful out there.
Its good to be saved by JESUS CHRIST and not have to worry about such things.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM
RKDavid
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 23 Posts

Sometimes it is just a coincidence. I don't see how 1, 2 and 3 are tied to each other. All were bad and maybe some were avoidable.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 14
Right on brother!

Old 04-27-2015, 09:38 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I understand you need to at least put it in words. Prayers up for all the people involved.

One thing that came to my mind was the old saying... "things happen in threes".

another thing, even though I wasn't really close to any of them, our community had several losses all within a short time that seemed to rock the foundation recently. It makes you stop and think a little and I feel like that is where you are.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

Well, I'm definately sorry for the friends and families of those folks. Sometimes these things happen in odd circumstances. A few months back I was bored surfing the web and just started googling some of my old friends and co-workers I had lost touch with over the past 20+ years, and was floored by the number of them who were in the obits. Some of which were not that old. All I can say is life is precious, you should enjoy every minute of it and do with it what you want.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 14
That is SUCH a sanctimonious (and usually hypocritical) statement made out of total ignorance and lack of compassion for the afflicted...

Old 04-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I guess what I find troubling is that all 3 are connected by motorcycling.

Two were in accidents, the 3rd - & the most troubling to me - had lost his son years ago in a motorcycling accident. This gentleman had a very deep faith too, & I don't know that what happened to his son had anything to do with his decision to take his own life.

I can't really describe it, & I appreciate the input. The 3 just have me in a kind of "reflecting" type of mood.

Quick Reply: This is weird