"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Tax-Time Bike Upgrades - Project Completed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:12 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tax-Time Bike Upgrades - Project Completed!

Hey Crew,
Got my IRS refund, did some serious upgrades to the inside of my primary case. Installed a BAKER compensator and "Attitude Adjuster", and while I was in there, decided to throw in a BARNETT clutch plate kit. Total cost for all the parts was just over a thousand bucks. No special tools were needed, but I did purchase a 1 1/2" socket to install the new compensator nut, and I made a primary locking tool out of a 6" piece of steel.
Here is the primary case WITHOUT any components:
Name:  20170208_132541.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  304.8 KB

And this is what it looks like with the new clutch, and BAKER compensator and chain adjuster installed.

Name:  20170216_135629.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  325.7 KB

After riding the bike with the new compensator, I'm sorry that I waited so long to do this project. My primary doesn't GROWL at me anymore! And there are other noticeable improvements to the way the bike acts, I'm not even sure which components should get most of the credit. But TOGETHER, they ALL totally ROCK!

Old 02-19-2017, 10:42 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, and Bert asked if I would make some videos of the install, because he's getting ready to do this project on his Street Glide. Sorry, Bert, I was not able to make any videos, but here's some links to a few of the MANY videos that I watched before doing this project. And HEY, BERT, look who's in this first video! The guy we talked to at Ft. Myers Bike Nite!

Bert, this one shows the visual difference in the older rotors. He's working on a '07 bike. So when you look at yours, you'll know right away if you need to upgrade. If it looks like mine (top photo), you are good to go.

I think this one was also helpful, but it was sooooo long. I had to jump ahead just to see the parts I was interested in.

And last but not least, this video shows the history of the Harley compensator, and how it has evolved into the current version.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:54 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

good job Steevo, let's try to ride Saturday.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by GoPro Steevo
Oh, and Bert asked if I would make some videos of the install, because he's getting ready to do this project on his Street Glide. Sorry, Bert, I was not able to make any videos, but here's some links to a few of the MANY videos that I watched before doing this project. And HEY, BERT, look who's in this first video! The guy we talked to at Ft. Myers Bike Nite!
Thanks for the Videos SteveO. Nice job on the install. After looking at your pics and the videos I do remember changing out the rotor. So all I should need is the Baker compensator. At that time I also changed out the tensioner to an automatic hydraulic non-ramped style, and SE clutch plates and spring. And oh yes I do remember talking to that horses *** at bike night.