"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Shout out to Bill @ Starbrite

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:15 PM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Shout out to Bill @ Starbrite

Met up with Bill @ Starbrite and he gave me a couple samples of the Startron Fuel Additive and all I can say is WOW!! Most notably in my toy German Auto that sits in the garage most of the time. I have to run 92 octane in it but nonetheless it always ran a little frumpy because I don't drive it enough. Anyway, I put some Startron in and filled up the tank and after a 1/4 tank I noticeably could tell a difference. I tried it in my bike too, but I run that often enough. It also made a HUGE difference in my 2 stroke Echo lawn equipment. I'm Sold!! Good Stuff! Thanks Bill.

PS: Ethanol SUCKS!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:42 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

The bottom line is we use this product in our Own Toys (bikes, boats, cars, 4x4s etc) and it works. No BS, just applied science. Enzymes have been used for 50+ years by major oil companies to improve combustibility of hydrocarbon fuels.

Star brite has been making boat washes, polishes, motor oils and lot more for 43 years; but we also have a line of bike appearance items as well as the Star Tron lineup. We proudly make it in Montgomery, Alabama, U.S.A.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been using Startron for years. It's the shzizzle! I try to tell Stabil folks that they are wasting their money and its like try to convince a liberal that gun control is a bad idea. So I just smile and enjoy my ride now. Glad you have discovered it.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:32 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I have been using Startron also Dave. Been using it for a few years. I put it in my bike, garden tractors, weedeaters, and chainsaws all the time. About once a month I pour some in my pickups.

I have been thinking about trying the Starbrite Products to see if they protect better than Maas which has kept my 16 yr old bike looking great.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:10 PM
sofadog
Road Master

Bill sent me some samples awhile back of cleaner products. Used it on the bike on the cross country trip and that spray on stuff, sorry, don't have the bottle in front of me, worked great at cleaning off the daily road grime and leaving the finish nice and slick. Made next days cleanup even easier.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:55 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain

Our stuff works because We use it on our own bikes, boats, cars, trucks, etc.

It makes our CFO and chemist crazy, but the end results are worth it. Unlike many companies out there that have no clue what is in the bottle (I could give you a list), we make our products in our 300,000 sf facility in Montgomery, Alabama. With a very few exceptions, we make everything except the caps and labels. The items we do purchase from 3rd parties (microfiber wash mitts and similar) are chosen to be the best we can find, rather than the least expensive we can find. Like I said before, we use our products, too, so we don't want problems on our bikes, boats, cars.

The company is traded on the NASDAQ exchange, is 43 years old, we blowmold bottles 24/7, have railcars delivering raw materials, we use blending vats big enough to hold a VW and we ship all over the world. We blend motor oils, lubes, adhesives, cleaners, etc etc etc. If you are a boater, you know who Star brite is. We do a lot of private label manufacturing for "firms you would know" too

Our chemist came from a "well known" car polish company and is a genuine genius. He has created corrosion blockers, polishes, toilet chem treatments and a long list of other items.

We go thru constant T&E of new products., It took about 7 months to get Bike Guard spray detailer/waterless cleaner where we wanted it to be. It is a good product. We were approached by a bike appearance item firm that wanted us to analyze and then steal the formula they buy from their supplier (they had less than Zero clue what is in the stuff they sell - they didn't even know what was on the label). We showed them the door. We do not need to steal others' products. If we can't make it better, we won't bother to try.

Our Star Tron enzyme fuel treatment went from a "what is that stuff?" product to the leading marine fuel treatment in the top 3 for powersports and outdoor power equipment for the simple reason that it works. Marketing sells the first bottle. It has to do what it claims to sell the next ones. We keep that in mind every day. We put our (800) number on all that we make so that anyone with an issue can call us to bitch, or to say nice things.

Use what makes you happy, but as much as possible, use one that makes their own products here in the US, actually uses their own products and stands behind them.

Enough preaching - let's go ride!!!!

(if you see me at a ride, come say hi and tell me what Star brite stuff you want to try. I'll hook you up. I'll be on the Peterson's KW poker run and this weekend's Sobe Bike Week.)

Last edited by billatstarbrite; 08-29-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by billatstarbrite
Our stuff works because We use it on our own bikes, boats, cars, trucks, etc.

It makes our CFO and chemist crazy, but the end results are worth it. Unlike many companies out there that have no clue what is in the bottle (I could give you a list), we make our products in our 300,000 sf facility in Montgomery, Alabama. With a very few exceptions, we make everything except the caps and labels. The items we do purchase from 3rd parties (microfiber wash mitts and similar) are chosen to be the best we can find, rather than the least expensive we can find. Like I said before, we use our products, too, so we don't want problems on our bikes, boats, cars.

The company is traded on the NASDAQ exchange, is 43 years old, we blowmold bottles 24/7, have railcars delivering raw materials, we use blending vats big enough to hold a VW and we ship all over the world. We blend motor oils, lubes, adhesives, cleaners, etc etc etc. If you are a boater, you know who Star brite is. We do a lot of private label manufacturing for "firms you would know" too

Our chemist came from a "well known" car polish company and is a genuine genius. He has created corrosion blockers, polishes, toilet chem treatments and a long list of other items.

We go thru constant T&E of new products., It took about 7 months to get Bike Guard spray detailer/waterless cleaner where we wanted it to be. It is a good product. We were approached by a bike appearance item firm that wanted us to analyze and then steal the formula they buy from their supplier (they had less than Zero clue what is in the stuff they sell - they didn't even know what was on the label). We showed them the door. We do not need to steal others' products. If we can't make it better, we won't bother to try.

Our Star Tron enzyme fuel treatment went from a "what is that stuff?" product to the leading marine fuel treatment in the top 3 for powersports and outdoor power equipment for the simple reason that it works. Marketing sells the first bottle. It has to do what it claims to sell the next ones. We keep that in mind every day. We put our (800) number on all that we make so that anyone with an issue can call us to bitch, or to say nice things.

Use what makes you happy, but as much as possible, use one that makes their own products here in the US, actually uses their own products and stands behind them.

Enough preaching - let's go ride!!!!

(if you see me at a ride, come say hi and tell me what Star brite stuff you want to try. I'll hook you up. I'll be on the Peterson's KW poker run and this weekend's Sobe Bike Week.)
Sounds impressive and that the company has it together. I am looking forward to giving it a try.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:53 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm riding out to Arizona two weeks from tomorrow. Where can I buy the fuel additive in the Broward area I'll be at petersons north store tomorrow to get a from tire on.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla
I'm riding out to Arizona two weeks from tomorrow. Where can I buy the fuel additive in the Broward area I'll be at petersons north store tomorrow to get a from tire on.
I bet it is allot better than seafoam or Marvel Mystery oil or any myriad of other gas treatments. Glad you had success.

Chuck

Old 09-03-2014, 04:57 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain

SoFla, you can get it at Walmart (next to the outboard motor oil and baot wash - don't ask , it is a Walmart thing) West Marine, Competition Cycle, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Lowes, and probably a few others I've missed, NO HD dealers carry it yet as it is not orange and black with the bars and shield. I can tell you a lot of their techs use it.
Drag Specialties and Western Power Sports - the two biggest distributors in the US, sell a butt ton of it to bike shops across the US and Canada.

Quick Reply: Shout out to Bill @ Starbrite