Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 enforcer wheels on a 2012 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Although as everyone has stated already that most people change the ABS bearing to a Non-ABS bearing or vise-versa, depending on how their bike is equipped, it is not an absolute necessity in all cases and can offer a cost savings to not do so.

For example, if you find a nice low mile set of Enforcers with ABS bearings already installed and you know the bearings are in great shape, then there is no need to change to Non-ABS bearings to install on your 2013 Non-ABS bike.

You would simply have someone with machining capabilities reduce the length (width) of your FRONT-LEFT and RIGHT-REAR Spacers by .117-.118 (3mm). That's the difference in length (width) between a 15mm std bearing and 18mm ABS bearing. All is good. I've done this several times.

Then whenever (or maybe never depending on how many miles you put on), you want/need to replace tires/bearings, install the Non-Abs bearings with 2 new original length spacers. Those spacers are inexpensive, $10.57 and $7.92 List price currently.

If find yourself in this situation and need the reduced length (width) spacers, I can help you with that. PM me if interested.
^^^^ This

Old 01-12-2015, 07:16 PM
TeamMudd
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Although as everyone has stated already that most people change the ABS bearing to a Non-ABS bearing or vise-versa, depending on how their bike is equipped, it is not an absolute necessity in all cases and can offer a cost savings to not do so.

For example, if you find a nice low mile set of Enforcers with ABS bearings already installed and you know the bearings are in great shape, then there is no need to change to Non-ABS bearings to install on your 2013 Non-ABS bike.

You would simply have someone with machining capabilities reduce the length (width) of your FRONT-LEFT and RIGHT-REAR Spacers by .117-.118 (3mm). That's the difference in length (width) between a 15mm std bearing and 18mm ABS bearing. All is good. I've done this several times.

Then whenever (or maybe never depending on how many miles you put on), you want/need to replace tires/bearings, install the Non-Abs bearings with 2 new original length spacers. Those spacers are inexpensive, $10.57 and $7.92 List price currently.

If find yourself in this situation and need the reduced length (width) spacers, I can help you with that. PM me if interested.
this is absolutely correct!! My low cost Enforcers were off an ABS bike. The shop had them swapped out at had a couple of spacers already set up. On the rear i had to change out the bearing spacer, and that was it, bolted right up.

this was contrary to the local harley dealer who said i would need 1) new spacers 2) new bearings and 3) caliper spacers plus labor bwaahahahahaha! I literally laughed when he listed off all the parts that i would "have to" have and then wondered how many people they scammed with that list.... what a shame.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:40 PM
TAKITO SEXY
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamMudd
this is absolutely correct!! My low cost Enforcers were off an ABS bike. The shop had them swapped out at had a couple of spacers already set up. On the rear i had to change out the bearing spacer, and that was it, bolted right up.

this was contrary to the local harley dealer who said i would need 1) new spacers 2) new bearings and 3) caliper spacers plus labor bwaahahahahaha! I literally laughed when he listed off all the parts that i would "have to" have and then wondered how many people they scammed with that list.... what a shame.

That Ultra fender goes VERY well with an enforcer wheel. Keep them coming, this is definitely the first time l read about the bearing spacers being machined or shaved down to make it fit. I just assumed the bearing diameter was different size between ABS vs. non-ABS hence the need to swap.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:41 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
I want to go one step further with ABS bearings. Can I use a 15 Enforcer wheel with ABS bearings on a 15 none ABS Ultra without changing the bearings.I think the axels are the same.
The specific year in the statement was directed to TAKITO SEXY because that's what he has, but I've now edited for you.

For example, if you find a nice low mile set of Enforcers with ABS bearings already installed and you know the bearings are in great shape, then there is no need to change to Non-ABS bearings to install on your 2013 (or any 2008 (Front Only) and 2009-2015 Touring (Front and Rear)) Non-ABS bike.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Bearing clarification

Time to open this thread back up. Is the only difference between an ABS and non-ABS bearing the length?
Also, for those that purchased chrome or polished rotors..... They look great. How do they last?
And one more thing.... Since I have a SG, is all I need for the rear is the wheel?
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:35 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hate Work
Time to open this thread back up. Is the only difference between an ABS and non-ABS bearing the length?
Dimensionally, length is the difference. Of course, there are differences cosmetically and internally.

Since I have a SG, is all I need for the rear is the wheel?
I'm not sure what you're asking?

Last edited by multihdrdr; 07-31-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts
Old 07-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

I'm not sure what you're asking?
I am under the impression that the rear wheel is plug and play, as my bike and the newer enforcer rear wheel are both 16". I'll just have the dealer work it out. Ordered the front wheel, polished rotors and bolt kit today. Just need time to drop off scoot.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:38 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hate Work
I am under the impression that the rear wheel is plug and play, as my bike and the newer enforcer rear wheel are both 16". I'll just have the dealer work it out. Ordered the front wheel, polished rotors and bolt kit today. Just need time to drop off scoot.
Yes, the 09-2015 Touring Rear wheels are interchangeable. You can re-use your existing IDS "cush-drive" pulley and brake rotor

Old 08-02-2015, 06:36 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Default Rear wheel

Yes, the 09-2015 Touring Rear wheels are interchangeable. You can re-use your existing IDS "cush-drive" pulley and brake rotor
Regarding the pulley and rotor for the rear.... In having a SG, I can only see a small amount of the wheel and hardly any of the pulley or rotor...
Is is a waste of money to purchase/install the chrome pulley and rotor on the rear? I'm thinking so....

Quick Reply: 2014 enforcer wheels on a 2012 street glide