Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Likely Coming Back-Need Rush Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:28 AM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just put the Rush High Output performance headers and Big Louie's on my Street Glide a little over a week ago. I'm very pleased with them so far. The fit and finish is excellent. The black finish on mine had a slight shine to it, and a very nice wrinkle texture. The ceramic coating keeps the pipes significantly cooler, and it cools down much faster than regular pipes. The slash up tips on the Big Louie's matches up with the slant of the bags perfectly. I'm running them with a V&H FP3 and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner. The power increase is noticeable running the canned tune that V&H recommended, and I plan to auto tune it in the coming weeks.

I am running the 2.5" baffles, and I love the sound. It is deep and aggressive. With the 2.5" baffles it is significantly louder than stock, especially while accelerating. However, at cruising speeds the sound, while loud, is not obnoxious or droning. I am glad I upgraded my stereo before I put my pipes on, though, although that is probably more of a comment on the inadequacy of the stock system than on the volume of the exhaust.

I can't really compare them to the V&H power duals. I've never liked the look of the power duals, so I didn't even consider them in my decision-making process.

I think you would be very pleased with the Rush exhaust. They have their own sound and style, and I enjoy not running the Rineharts that almost every SG on the road seems to sport.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:34 AM
hdtucson
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks A Ton

Originally Posted by maverick2076
I just put the Rush High Output performance headers and Big Louie's on my Street Glide a little over a week ago. I'm very pleased with them so far. The fit and finish is excellent. The black finish on mine had a slight shine to it, and a very nice wrinkle texture. The ceramic coating keeps the pipes significantly cooler, and it cools down much faster than regular pipes. The slash up tips on the Big Louie's matches up with the slant of the bags perfectly. I'm running them with a V&H FP3 and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner. The power increase is noticeable running the canned tune that V&H recommended, and I plan to auto tune it in the coming weeks.

I am running the 2.5" baffles, and I love the sound. It is deep and aggressive. With the 2.5" baffles it is significantly louder than stock, especially while accelerating. However, at cruising speeds the sound, while loud, is not obnoxious or droning. I am glad I upgraded my stereo before I put my pipes on, though, although that is probably more of a comment on the inadequacy of the stock system than on the volume of the exhaust.

I can't really compare them to the V&H power duals. I've never liked the look of the power duals, so I didn't even consider them in my decision-making process.

I think you would be very pleased with the Rush exhaust. They have their own sound and style, and I enjoy not running the Rineharts that almost every SG on the road seems to sport.
Exactly what I was looking for. If I go this route I will likely go with the 2" but glad you confirmed the heat reduction and some performance gain. I am getting a substantial break with an understanding I do at least a few upgrades. I hear they run better (Rushmore) stock so this should get me a little closer to the power and comfort I am used to.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:43 AM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at your tuner options as well. IMO, a tuner is a must and should be the first thing you do, even before you change exhausts. The tuner alone will improve your performance and rideability. I am very partial to the FP3 and I feel it is the best bang for your buck, but there are several good options out there.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:47 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I would look at fuelmoto or fullsac for headers. Both excellent designs and performance. Ceramic coating is great for heat. Ya may get way with stock mufflers with a header? I went with SE fatshoz and added discs to 19. Still quite enough to rock the tunes. But spend some time listening to different bikes and pick the sound ya like. Get a quality flash tuner and dyno tune.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:37 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtucson
I go from Ultra to Goldwing and back. I do like both rides for touring, coast to coast type.

Likely getting a 2015 Limited soon, never had one. Seems most really like the Rushmore improvements and my last was a 2006 which I liked a lot. The changes since then has been substantial and though I like the Wings they have done little in years in upgrades.

My priorities are as follows

Biker comfort, too many war stories on the post 2006 bikes especially. Fryers on wheels, no thanks. I am aware of twin cooling of course. It must be substantially cooler than stock or I do not want to spend the money on headers.
Number 2, Reasonably quiet. Louder and lower than stock but not by much. The 500 mile days for several weeks requires this and I am not much for loud anyway. Just the sound quality.
Number three priority is hp/tq, like everyone. I would like a bump but mostly use power for passing on mountains. Now a wot guy. If I wanted to chase numbers I would keep the Wing or get a BMW etc.

I am looking at a Rush HO and 2inch louie's. Anyone have experience with this set up or first hand knowledge. I especially like this set up because it is not a very common set up as are the VH and Rineharts etc. As long as it meets my list and and is good quality.

I am also considering the VH PD and keeping the stock muffler as I have read on here some have and like it.

Thank you for the input and experience. I have read the forum and searched the forum.
Leave the headpipe and air filter alone, put some slip on Python Predator mufflers and ride.. The new bikes have plenty of go. The stock cams are great.

Mark

Old 12-21-2014, 05:33 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up a 2014 Limited this fall. I went with the Rush HO Headers and the big louies in 2.25 . I also went with the Power Vision from fuel Moto.
Runs great. I would say it outperforms my 2013 that had the same set-up and a 255 cam. the 2.25 will bark some when you get on it but are very quiet when cruising down the highway or backroads. The nice thing about Rush is if you dont like the sound level baffles are like 60 bucks for another set. Easy to swap out to. I'm completely satisfied.

Attached Thumbnails Likely Coming Back-Need Rush Opinions-forks.jpg  
Old 12-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Great to think about mods even before your *** has even straddled the bike, but i think you may be surprised at how little you may end up doing. There have been a great deal of changes since 2006, a great deal. And since you are a quiet bike person, nothing will be quieter than stock.

The best suggestion so far is to rent one for a day and try before you buy.

You may find out that the GW fits your riding requirements better. Why pay north of 25K based on a feeling and discover you made a mistake?

Good luck with your choices.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:17 AM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Buy it, ride it, then make those decisions. This way you won't waste money.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:28 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Leave it stock for a while like I did on mine for a year before making final decisions. Glad I did just because I researched and observed a lot of people giving out recoomendations and suggestions on this site before purchasing FuelMoto's HD Power Package. No regrets since 2010.

Thorey