Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best low profile comfortable solo seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 PM
HDK
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What's the best low profile comfortable solo seat?

I know I'm opening up for a lot of opinions and have read some older threads but still need help deciding. I'm making tour pack on my 2009 ultra detachable this week and need a solution for the seat that is going to look good and be comfortable for a long haul. I'm thinking a solo seat is going to look the best but comfort has to be taken into account. Riders backrest has to be an option for sure. I won't own a seat without one after having on my last two bikes. Any ideas or thoughts on the best option are appreciated.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:36 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

go for comfort...backrests make the sleekest seat look goofy.

so if you need a backrest, get a seat that works for you.

I used a brawler solo for around town...not so comfy and not optimal seating position for me- sold it.

for rides of 4 /5 hours or less, I use a 09/10 version FLHX seat.
This position is down and back about 2" from the ultra seat. the little bumper keeps the rear in place in teh twisties.
this version seat has a smaller rear section than the 11+ ( but the 11+ has a narrower nose if you are short)
both versions use the same type backrest as the ultra- there are various stitching options

for the long haul my stock ultra seat goes on ...so does the tourpak

mike

Old 04-10-2015, 06:00 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts

C&C solo.
looks great.
comfort is great.
forget the rest.
end of story.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HDK
I know I'm opening up for a lot of opinions and have read some older threads but still need help deciding. I'm making tour pack on my 2009 ultra detachable this week and need a solution for the seat that is going to look good and be comfortable for a long haul. I'm thinking a solo seat is going to look the best but comfort has to be taken into account. Riders backrest has to be an option for sure. I won't own a seat without one after having on my last two bikes. Any ideas or thoughts on the best option are appreciated.
"Look good and be comfortable" IMO won't work with a backrest. You can get some really good comfortable seats with a back rest but, have you really seen one on? For instance, do you think my scoot would look good with a back rest? By the way it's a C&C seat (my second one).

Attached Thumbnails What's the best low profile comfortable solo seat?-dsc00152.jpg   What's the best low profile comfortable solo seat?-dsc00155.jpg  
Old 04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree that seats don't look cool with backrests. That being said, I have a backrest.

I also agree that C&C is the best. I tried stock, Mustang, Corbin, and C&C beats them all.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C&C all the way! I don't think the look is uncool at all. And once you find out how comfortable it is, you won't give a s*^t how it looks!

Attached Thumbnails What's the best low profile comfortable solo seat?-img_0081.jpg  
Old 04-10-2015, 08:22 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
C&C solo.
looks great.
comfort is great.
forget the rest.
end of story.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:14 AM
HDK
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys. C&C appears to be the winner. Ive checked out their site and like what I see and what I have read. I know the backrest throws the look off some but it's a must for a long ride. It can be removed when cruising around town trying to show off.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:39 AM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

C & C solo
Backrest makes all the difference in comfort
great all day seat

Old 04-11-2015, 06:41 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

i'm happy with the solo seat that comes on the 2012 cvo roadglides. it is sleek enough that it looks good and sits me low enough that i can reach the ground (short legs). i don't have any problem riding with this seat all day.

no, it really doesn't have an option for a back rest, so i set up my chopped tourpak in the solo position and use the backrest on the tourpak. best of both worlds. have storage and backrest for touring, and then at destination, can remove tourpak and bike looks good again...

Last edited by skratch; 04-11-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: What's the best low profile comfortable solo seat?