Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Ohlins #2-#2 (a) shocks by Howard

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 PM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone using Ohlins #2-#2 (a) shocks by Howard

I'm wanting to keep my current shock height of 11.5 inches. (Bitchin Baggers). Howard told me these shocks are 11 inches. Does anyone have any experience with these shocks? My only concern is clearance issues, but I was told many riders are using them. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-29-2015, 07:56 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the #3-1, which is lower but with less stroke. Me and the missus go about 330lbs on the SG with another few lbs in the bags. After reading the instructions and listening to Howard and getting them dialed in I cannot say enough good about them. Ride better, sit lower, bike seems more firmly planted, especially on some of the washboard roads, better handling really noticeable on a sneaky decreasing radius turn.

And no clearance issues at all and believe me, I've kept a close eye on it. At least for the first 500 miles or so.

When it comes to shocks, Howard is truly the man. If he says you won't have a problem, you won't have a problem. If you do, he will fix it.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 PM
fournierrandy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I purchased those exact shocks a few months back and you will not be disappointed. They are by far one of the best upgrades I have done to my bike. It actually rides like it should now without you having to tense up when you see a big bump comming. Howard does a great job and I highly recommend!!!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:48 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Watching.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:05 AM
tringle
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fournierrandy
I purchased those exact shocks a few months back and you will not be disappointed. They are by far one of the best upgrades I have done to my bike. It actually rides like it should now without you having to tense up when you see a big bump comming. Howard does a great job and I highly recommend!!!
So your #2-#2 a shocks set at 11 inches? I'm 5' 5" tall so I really need to be low. You're not having any clearance issues? Thanks for your response.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:09 AM
harleync
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

I bought them (2A) about 3 years ago..They are everything people say they are...They are great and a lot better shocks than the factory airshocks and sit about 1/2 inch lower than factory......I am 5'7" with ohlins 2a shocks, A new seat (C&C seat it sits you lower by about a 1 1/2} and boots that have a 1 inch heel I am flat footed....I have a 2010 streetglide with a 16" wheel on the back...A 18" rear wheel will be about a 3/8 higher than a 16......Ohlins shocks are Great shocks.....

Old 07-30-2015, 04:55 AM
tringle
Cruiser

Are these shocks adjustable for solo or two-up? If so, do you make the adjustment by hand or a tool?

Old 07-30-2015, 06:18 AM
harleync
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tringle
Are these shocks adjustable for solo or two-up? If so, do you make the adjustment by hand or a tool?
You give Howard your total weight and riding style (travel with luggage, two up most of the time, etc and he will build the shocks for that weight and riding style.....And you use a tool to adjust the sag for the weight of the bike and then the total weight including the rider and passenger....There are a lot of write ups about these shocks by Howard on the this site...plus go to his web site it shows how to adjust the shocks and install them...
Going to said it again...if you are are wanting a very good shock for riding (not talking about bar hopping) these are very good shocks...But to lower the bike to be flat footed you will need to do several more things. Lower sitting seat and 1 inch heel boots, Most boots are 1/2 to 3/4 heels...
The negative about these shocks is, you cant adjust them for riding two up and then you ride solo..the ride is harder...but my wife rides with me 95% of the time...so when I ride solo the bike rides like it has the air shocks on it but about 25% better....hope this helps

Old 07-30-2015, 06:47 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 528 Posts

Don't hesitate!!!

Mine even came with nice matching yellow springs.

YB

Old 07-30-2015, 08:27 AM
tringle
Cruiser

I may have to call Howard again. I thought these #2-#2 a shocks were adjustable. I would love to have a suspension system I can change from solo to two-up. I just need to have something just a little lower than the stock Ultra Limited Low or Street Glide.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Ohlins #2-#2 (a) shocks by Howard