Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 05:58 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
And how about selling Graham, one of your largest supporters, a setup that works out of the box...
Howard and I are not working on something that is 'out of the box'! I have a separate thread on my modest project, I also live in the UK. I bought a CCE kit for my 1990 Glide some while ago and only later looked into using the Ohlins cartridges, once they finally became available. In addition I am building a non-standard set of forks, made up of parts from several different model years. My CCE kit and cartridges only met for the first time here in the UK, not in Howard's Florida workshop, which would have been the ideal. There are too many hurdles in sending stuff back and forth between continents. We'll get there!

Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Howard and I are not working on something that is 'out of the box'! I have a separate thread on my modest project, I also live in the UK. I bought a CCE kit for my 1990 Glide some while ago and only later looked into using the Ohlins cartridges, once they finally became available. In addition I am building a non-standard set of forks, made up of parts from several different model years. My CCE kit and cartridges only met for the first time here in the UK, not in Howard's Florida workshop, which would have been the ideal. There are too many hurdles in sending stuff back and forth between continents. We'll get there!
Graham,

Any closer to completing your upgrade? What's the snag?

Old 01-04-2016, 11:09 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Graham,

Any closer to completing your upgrade? What's the snag?
Snag sorted! Adapting the cartridges involved replacing a few parts and some dimensions of the new ones weren't quite right. Bear in mind that all the parts involved only came together here in the UK, it took a bit of effort to ensure they all fit correctly and to get some mods done. The legs are now built up, but not yet on the bike.

Scope creep set in once again, but I can also now report that the DD6 is installed, along with 27T comp and 30T front pulley! That also wasn't so straight-forward, but finally buttoned up just before Xmas. Just a bit of tidying up to do round the rear of the bike, then I can turn my attention once more to the forks.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:28 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're as bad as me, throwing money at an old bike :-)

Old 01-04-2016, 11:31 AM
grbrown
Club Member

The oldies are the goodies! Costs less to tweak and refine an old bike every now and then than to replace it with new. Having got so far it then becomes impractical to change - ever!