Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Headers and Tuners

I'm looking to finish out my exhaust setup and curious what most are running and like for their headers and tuners? I've been looking at the V&H power duals and a Power Vision tuner. Who uses what and tell me what you like or don't like about them. Did you go thru your dealer to keep your warranty intact or from another place?

This will be going on my '15 RK.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Mike3970
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use power vision 5 pro and Bassani 2-1 pipes .. no warranty as I changed a lot of other things too such as the engine lol but very happy with the power vision and pipes.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:56 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

power vision and cobra duals.. Don't go to the dealers for any work

Old 08-30-2015, 04:20 PM
el_diablo
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only guy that touches my bike other than me works at a dealer. They arent all bad. V&H powerduals and SERT. Im happy with it.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,308 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
I'm looking to finish out my exhaust setup and curious what most are running and like for their headers and tuners? I've been looking at the V&H power duals and a Power Vision tuner. Who uses what and tell me what you like or don't like about them. Did you go thru your dealer to keep your warranty intact or from another place?

This will be going on my '15 RK.

Thanks in advance.
My wife has a 2015 Limited and I have the 2014. I put V&H Power Duals on both bikes, V&H Monster Rounds on hers and Monster Ovals on mine. Arlen Ness Big Sucker air Cleaners and DynoJet PV2 on both.
I'll start with the short list of what I don't like: Can't think of anything

What I do like:
Ease of installation for all components.
Auto tuning the PV, it's simple and after 3 or 4 AT's the bikes run Great!
The ride, power coming out the Wazoo.

This weekend we rode to Idaho Springs CO. Took the road to the top of Mt. Evans 14,130' and the bikes performed flawlessly, 750 miles.
Interstate riding 80+mph 40-45 mpg, 2 lane 70 mph max we've seen 50 mpg.

I bought my 14 used in April and it had 800 miles on it we've been to British Columbia and back and the bikes ride and perform great, I now have 8,325 miles on it and I'm a happy Biker.
Good Luck
Bill

Old 08-30-2015, 04:44 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

09 headpipe and SESTP on mine,

Old 08-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Second Wind
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

V&H 2-1 Propipe & FP3 Fuelpak, Screamin Eagle chisel high flow intake. I wanted the V&H high flow intake to keep it all V&H but every place I checked was on back order. I installed everything myself as I always do and all was very easy install.

Technology is great these days with the new tuners and no need to head for a dyno after exhaust or intake mods. With the FP3 app its as simple as finding your brand of exhaust and if you've added hi-flow intake or not, hitting a button and your done. Im not worried about my warranty at all, one of the service guys and mechanic is running the same set up as I am on 2015 RK and SG. They both agreed the FP3 is a great product. Good Luck, I spent hours on the web trying to decide on a set up.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:05 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master

I also did some reading/research on the FP3 last night as well. It looks like a promising unit itself. I have the Rinehart slipons now and not sure if I should stick with their headers or try the power duals.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:12 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

On my 2010 Ultra Limited, I put the Rush REC17 header (2-1-2) and Power Commander V. Runs perfectly, and the air temp gauge dropped about 10° average over where it was without.

Installed it all myself. Dealer wanted five bills just to do the work that I did in an afternoon in my garage.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:14 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by QNman
On my 2010 Ultra Limited, I put the Rush REC17 header (2-1-2) and Power Commander V. Runs perfectly, and the air temp gauge dropped about 10° average over where it was without.

Installed it all myself. Dealer wanted five bills just to do the work that I did in an afternoon in my garage.
Thats my biggest hangup, the dealer wanting their $95/hr for labor. I can do it myself, no problem, I guess my hangup is the warranty, if a problem ever developed.

Quick Reply: Headers and Tuners