Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antigravity batteries jump start

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:51 AM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Antigravity batteries jump start

Anybody own one of these units? Never knew they made these portable jump starters this small now until a post here the other day, and just had to have one. Ordered the xp3 unit to keep in my sg saddlebag, and may order the xp10 for the wife's jeep after I see how well the xp3 performs when I receive it. Never been stranded yet bc of a dead battery, but this thing could be a life saver and can't believe how small it is, should fit nicely in my saddlebag

Old 02-04-2016, 06:13 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

I just bought the XP1, but have not needed to use it yet. I may disconnect the battery on my car just to try it out. It is a cool little unit. Much like you, I wanted it to keep on the bike since it is so small.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,308 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Ditto on bought a XP-1 and haven't had to use it. Then saw this thread and bought 4 from Walmart for our other vehicles and gifts for the kids.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-for-19-a.html

Old 02-04-2016, 06:53 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I bought the Costco one and have used it twice already once to jump a Mazda and the other to jump a buds bike. We put the + clamp on the starter and the - to a ground on the bike and it started up immediately, I couldn't believe how great this thing works.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:58 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Antigravity is top rated by Consumer Reports. However, the Costco charger has excellent reviews at about half the price.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:37 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I carry the XP-1 but thankfully I haven't needed it to jump the bikes. I use it from time to time to recharge cell phones. Nice piece of kit.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 AM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Was gonna go with the xp1, but decided on the xp3 bc the only difference is the xp1 comes with all the charging tips for computers and such, both have same battery capacity. Don't need any of the extra crap, just the jump cables and will use a usb cord if I need to charge any electronic devices

Old 02-04-2016, 08:57 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

If You want to start your Diesel Pickup get the Antigravity XP-10, for Cars & Bikes get the XP-1.
The Lithium jump starter from Costco will work just fine for the Bikes, Laptop, iPod, or phone.
Drop it in the saddlebag with your toolkit & go.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:16 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
I bought the Costco one and have used it twice already once to jump a Mazda and the other to jump a buds bike. We put the + clamp on the starter and the - to a ground on the bike and it started up immediately, I couldn't believe how great this thing works.
I got the one from Wal Mart the other day and saw people talking about jumping a bike from the starter. The directions say to jump from the battery. Are people jumping from the starter to avoid taking off the seat or what? What's the right way to do it in the event I need to? Thanks

Old 02-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,616 Likes on 2,727 Posts

If it's as hard to get clamps on your Harley's battery posts as mine, Anti Gravity has pigtails that go on the battery just like for tenders, only heavy enough for jumping - don't try jumping on normal tender wires. You can use a tender on the jumper pigtail, so you don't need both.

Mine isn't Anti Gravity, but it has plenty of power. Tried it on my 1200 with the bike battery disconnected and it spun it over. Used it on my van last month when the starter solenoid just clicked; the jumper spun it like a summer day - but it was around zero.

Next to my cell phone -

Quick Reply: Antigravity batteries jump start