Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Garage Door Transmitter on Regular Touring

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:56 PM
vhrock
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CVO Garage Door Transmitter on Regular Touring

I know CVOs all come with Garage Door Opener Transmitters already wired up in the fairing. Can anyone tell me if I purchased a used garage door opener transmitter that came off a 2015 touring CVO, for example, could I install it on a 2015 FLHXS and couple it with a receiver? Would it work, or are they 2 different animals? Thanks

Old 04-05-2016, 05:27 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by vhrock
I know CVOs all come with Garage Door Opener Transmitters already wired up in the fairing. Can anyone tell me if I purchased a used garage door opener transmitter that came off a 2015 touring CVO, for example, could I install it on a 2015 FLHXS and couple it with a receiver? Would it work, or are they 2 different animals? Thanks
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, make sure whoever removed it from the CVO wasn't some back yard hack. You'll also need the HD receiver for it to work.

The following users liked this post:
load97 (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Yep, what he said. Make sure and get the HD receiver thats tied in to the garage opener.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:11 AM
Ultraboy105
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Why is it being sold???

Old 04-05-2016, 07:33 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ultraboy105
Why is it being sold???
That's a good question, not many guys would just cut something out of their harness just to sell it, I know I wouldn't.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:55 AM
vhrock
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
That's a good question, not many guys would just cut something out of their harness just to sell it, I know I wouldn't.
Thanks for all the replies so far. Yep, and I knew there was a need for he receiver as well as the transmitter. This is another reason I'm asking, the pictures look like there was no "cutting from their harness," as you can see in the pics, it looks simply unplugged from their harness with no original splicing into the wiring as the add-on part instructions say to do from Harley. For CVOs, did Harley make a nice neat plug n play interface, whereas for those of us who don't have a CVO have to splice wires? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails CVO Garage Door Transmitter on Regular Touring-image.jpeg  
Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for all the replies so far. Yep, and I knew there was a need for he receiver as well as the transmitter. This is another reason I'm asking, the pictures look like there was no "cutting from their harness," as you can see in the pics, it looks simply unplugged from their harness with no original splicing into the wiring as the add-on part instructions say to do from Harley. For CVOs, did Harley make a nice neat plug n play interface, whereas for those of us who don't have a CVO have to splice wires? Thanks
You might want to check and see if the 14 and later touring only require plug and play. I know my 06, the 10 I used to have and my dad's 09, all were in need of splicing in.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:33 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

My '15 Limited Low had no connector like that.... had to splice.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Sorry Bud. Need to splice. I made a thread about how to do it with pictures if you search my history. It would be about 1 1/2 years ago.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:18 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

or look at the diy mods sticky above- over 300 posts on using a GDO...from adding switches, to adding relays ( like flick the high beam or turn signal or honk horn etc etc).

a less expensive solution

Mike

Quick Reply: CVO Garage Door Transmitter on Regular Touring